Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Automatically save offline new Podcasts and remove completed Podcasts

Add the ability to have a podcast you follow automatically downloaded and deleted once you've listened to it all the way through.

Updated on 2022-12-20

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on all platforms. Our developers have worked their magic backstage and made this possible now! 

The frequency of removal of episodes can be adjusted from the cogwheel icon in "Your episodes". 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Terehertz

Must have feature! Pls add!

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2017-11-09

Hey folks, thanks for bringing your feedback around podcasts to the Idea Exchange. Right now we don't have plans to implement a feature where the podcasts you follow automatically download and are removed once you've listened to it all the way through. Of course if this changes we'll let you know right here. We'll keep an eye on this idea should it continue to grow and get support. Thank you!

rsrc1147

This really is the feature which prevents me using spotify as my podcast player instead of itunes. I just don't understand why you wouldn't implement this seemingly basic podcasts feature...

thecogs

Every major podcast app has this functionality. If you really want to compete with them, you'll implement this. Otherwise Stitcher/PocketCasts/iTunes will continue to be the flagships.

runnj

No point in using Spotify for podcasts without this.

kingunderscore

Aww man.  That is one of my favorite features on google, podcasts are things that I always download and having them download automatically when on wifi makes the process seamless for me.  I always know that I can just listen to my podcasts when I'm in my car without worrying about any data charges.

simon_century21

No point in having a podcast section if you can't download them. 

Genious

Auto download only makes sense. It's actually pretty surprising to me that Spotify doesn't want to add such a simple feature, especially considering inferior products can do this.

robbullock

I deleted my other Apps to save room on my phone, thinking this would be an automatic feature of this App. why has no one at Spotify jumped at the chance to solve this problem. 

this is baic 101 of podcasting. automatic uploading of new episodes.

liamcttm

This feature would mean me deleting another app from my phone (a competitor) and you being my sole place for audio entertainment on my phone and in my home. Surely it makes sense?