Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Automatically save offline new Podcasts and remove completed Podcasts

Add the ability to have a podcast you follow automatically downloaded and deleted once you've listened to it all the way through.

Updated on 2022-12-20

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on all platforms. Our developers have worked their magic backstage and made this possible now! 

The frequency of removal of episodes can be adjusted from the cogwheel icon in "Your episodes". 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
gabrielprioli

Spotify, I believe it's about time to review this one.

Thievinggypsy

Mandatory feature for any mobile podcast app - I won't even consider using Spotify for podcasts until this has been implemented. If you want to challenge Apple Podcast, Spotify needs to up its game. 

ktown247365

I drive 3 hrs a day and heavily rely on podcasts.  I have been a devoted Spotify user virtually since it became available in the US.  I would LOVE it if I didn't need another app for podcast listening but, since you do not have the features described in this request, I ditched the notion of using Spotify as my everything audio app.  These features are ABSOLUTELY mandatory for podcast listening.  I don't have time or the inclination to actively select to download my subscriptions (who has time for this really), I just want them to be there, that is why you SUBSCRIBE.  Guess what, we don’t all live in places with uninterrupted cell service. I have to download everything because I live in the mountains.  This is one of the MOST BASIC – MINIMUM VIABLE features of a podcast app.  You guys are really late to the podcast market, though you quickly gained market share you will not reach the rest of us without this BASIC AF feature.

KaseZer0

This seems pretty idiotic seeing as you can download randomized radio playlists in advance that have a limited size and they cycle. Downloading the latest episode of podcasts has been around for quite a long time. It seems like you don't care about your customers by leaving a simple feature out for so long with such a high demand.

Sdatish

Can you please provide a status.  Thinking of canceling our family plan if this isn't available soon. Thanks. 

blakers42

Yes please provide a status update since the last one was in 2017.

Neshouse

It's unbelievable that a feature like this is still missing, it's essential and the main reason i keep on using other podcast apps.

Also marking multiple podcasts as 'played' is still missing...

Goodman
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2019-10-18

Hey folks,
Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks .

Neshouse

I hope Spotify will be stepping up the podcast game, there are a lot of quite basic features missing.

jhousden9

That is very disappointing. Not even a clarification as to why you don't have plans to implement this feature.

I guess I'll just continue to use Pocket Casts.