Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Automatically save offline new Podcasts and remove completed Podcasts

Add the ability to have a podcast you follow automatically downloaded and deleted once you've listened to it all the way through.

Updated on 2022-12-20

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on all platforms. Our developers have worked their magic backstage and made this possible now! 

The frequency of removal of episodes can be adjusted from the cogwheel icon in "Your episodes". 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
jimmygoings50

you guys pay $100million+ for Rogan yet you cant add a simple necessary podcast app feature to your app?

What a waste of money
DonViany

Hello, Is there any update so far on this request? 

It would highly increase my usage of podcasts and as it is in the intrest/strategy of Spotify to invest in podcasts, I don't really understand why this is still open since 2016?

Many thanks for your feedback

wildcardNS

"Not right now"

We're the biggest podcast platform in the world right now but basic usability isn't something we're interested in.

Still unsubbed to premium, and won't consider resubbing again until you fix your usability problems.

Thomas__

It's 2022.

"Idea" since 2016.

It's somewhat disturbing that for nearly 6 years, it was not possible to implement a basic feature like this.

Even then, it was not a new idea, it was in the iPod for about... TWELVE YEARS. (iPod.. iPodder.. podcast...)

Oh well. Twentyfirst century customer focused agile devops. 🙂

PabloOS

Automatic episode download and velocity are a basic and essential features to make Spotify my default player for podcasts

Soundguy159

How is this still an idea, with little to no response from Spotify on this? Every other major podcast player, and even most of the minor ones, has an auto-download feature. I was planning on moving all of my podcasts from Pocket Casts to Spotify since I do most of my music listening there. Now I remember why I didn't fully switch last time. It almost feels like Spotify is going out of its way to make their platform unusable.

Admiral_Benbow

I can't believe it doesn't have this feature. When did big tech become so useless? I can get free apps that do a better job. 

lalitj

It's not really a podcast app without this. 

GSJG

Really bizarre how Spotify claims to want to compete in the podcast area but doesn't seem to want to implement very basic, obvious tools like this.