Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Possibility to add friends without Facebook Accounts (Spotify ID)

Hi! I just stumbled across a problem; I have friends who don't have facebook / don't use facebook / who hate facebook.

I tried searching a way to add them as friends so I could send them songs and see their playlists etc, but I was unable to find a solution... 

Suggestion:

- To be able to add friends using their Spotify login ID

- To be able to see their actions in Spotify Social (what they are listening to)

2015-01-08

Hey everyone! You can now find your friends by searching for either their Spotify username or their full name (if their Spotify account is linked to their Facebook).

Thanks for kudos and comments on this idea. We'd love to keep getting your feedback around this feature! 

Comments
Richard

Hey, have you tried using the Spotify search to look up the users?

Just type spotify:user:USERNAME into the search box. You can then add them to your People and follow them in Spotify Social as usual.

neo-x

Yes, I have tried to search with the spotiy username, it just says" Did you mean: ...... " Didn't find anything from the catalog.

It's hard to search Facebook users, there are just numbers...

neo-x

Sorry, spotify:user:USERNAME worked out. 🙂

frank_lapidus

The question is: How can I identify the USERNAME? I tried every kind of syntax: johndoe, john.doe, john-doe, ... But nothing worked;-(

JanessaKaye

If you know the friend you want to add, just ask them what their username is when they login to Spotify.

srh247
How do you add them to your people? It just lists there playlist and if I want to subscribe to it or not. I just want to be able send music and receive music in my inbox, it always shows 0 tracks 😞
Definitive

Biggest joke... Let's build our own community of users around someone else's business.... lol

Who makes these decisions, really should be fired.

deefaa

Came here via Google to see if there was a way to add friends without having to Facebook.

Good to see there is a workaround but a complete UI fail.

Why aren't I surprised since Sean Parker has interests in Facebook and Spotify.

Liam
Status changed to: Up for Votes
Removing good idea status. Only ideas with 40+ kudos should have this status.