Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Profile] View more than 50 Playlists

I have been looking around this forum and have seen that more than 50 playlists shown has been implemented already, however, both on my desktop and my phone, I cannot see more than 50 public playlists. I enjoy looking through the "Spotify" playlists and trying out different already posted playlists from there to see what kind of mood I'm in, but when going to the user page and looking up all the public playlists, I only see 50. I use to be able to view all of them recently but something changed. Please fix.

Updated on 2017-09-06

Hey @MarkC1 users can now see up to 200 playlists on Profile Pages. 

If you're seeing only 50 playlists please post below so we can report it as an issue to our teams. Thanks!

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes
Updated: 2016-07-03

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. 😉

michelleluckia

I agree completely. I, and many people I follow, have been making monthly playlists for over a year. This takes up a lot of space. Let's say I've been making a monthly playlist for a year and 3 months. 15/50 is 7.5% of the playlists I can display. I don't think it's necessarily fair to limit the number of playlists that can be made public like this. This new policy especially impacts those who are very passionate about music and make playlists weekly. In my opinion it's only fair that people are able to display their art and passion for music. My music library cannot be summarized into 50 playlists... profiles will be represented less accurately if you limit the number of playlists that can be seen. It also discourages discovery and exploration, whereas these things are what make spotify such a great service. I personally see no benefit in this feature.

This idea already has more than 100 kudos. Is it going to be implemented, like the one in 2014?

And why did Spotify remove a feature that had already been brought back?

MrJohnEBlaze

Oh ... Well ...Too cool. 

meahtenoha

Hey @MarkC1 could you confirm which devices this is happening on? Just your Desktop? Also, could you please link to a profile where you'd like to see more than 50. Thanks!

kopfik

Hey! my brain just can't get it! Why limited to 50 songs only? In my office, all of us have Spotify premium, we have colaborative playlist, now with 300+ songs (we would like to create 1000+ one, in order to have arround 80hrs of music), we don't like to listen to the same songs very often... i would understand this 'functionality' if this is my very first MP3 player from 2003, that the embedded system has limit of 50 queued songs... but nowadays? **bleep** guys? 🙂 

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2017-09-06

Hey @MarkC1 users can now see up to 200 playlists on Profile Pages. 

If you're seeing only 50 playlists please post below so we can report it as an issue to our teams. Thanks!

dnishimura

Any chance to bump it up to like 500 playlists?