Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Search] Search for Episodes Within a Podcast Show

Allow users to search for an epidose within a specific podcast show only, similar to searching for a song within a playlist. 

Updated on 2023-01-06

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on mobile (for both Android & iOS users). You can find "Find in this show" feature on the top of the screen when you're on the Podcast page. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
jjadoull

Oh wow so this has been discarded?  That's sad and should probably be revisited.

Reason why I'm saying so is that the more Spotify because part of our lives, the more we dig into what it provides and, in my case at least, it directs me to use the service to learn stuff a bit like when we are listening to an interesting show on the radio.

With time, more and more podcasts become available, increasing the need for such a functionality (the need being a function of the amount of podcasts published on the platform).

I would also see this as a new way to commercialize Spotify s well.

Long story short, I'd really enjoy if this was possible (note that I took the time to find this forum to propose the idea, not something I do if I don't think a necessary feature for a product I really enjoy is missing...)

Thanks for reading / reconsidering...

brianberlin

Yes, when I see an excellent "writing" podcast covering many topics, I want to go the topics that matter to me vs. scrolling an endless list.

pizzaskull

How can this be closed? wth

beamson_

This is such a basic feature, I can't believe this idea was closed. I can search within a playlist, but not a podcast ... I'm going to use a different app for podcasts until Spotify takes their community feedback more seriously.

Troy_F

UPDATE: Spotify has secretly released this feature!! It is now available and you should be able to search podcasts now. Here is what it looks like for me! 

A0699BE0-00B6-4F77-9F5C-586144148C24.jpeg

Thanks @Spotify and @Noah

beamson_

I had no idea that scrolling down in the mobile app revealed that bar... Do you know if this feature is also in the web app or desktop app? I'm primarily a desktop app user but I still can't figure out how to get the search bar on desktop.

Troy_F

@beamson_ this feature is not yet available on the desktop app for Mac or on the web app (I am not sure about the PC app). However, I am finding that Spotify will usually provide the feature on the desktop app shortly after they add it to the mobile app. So, I would expect to see it soon. However, in the mean time, you could utilize Spotify's smart search and filter on "Podcast and Shows" to help find what you are looking for like this:

Troy_F_0-1663175212283.png

Hope this helps!

linith

I would love to be able to search within a specific podcast. The use case that keeps coming up is when there are multiple episodes on a related topic. Within the podcast they're in consecutive order, but not in sequential order. Scrolling (especially on a phone) to find the correct next episode isn't as quick and easy as it could be - especially when the podcast has a large library of episodes. See the podcast You're Wrong About, episodes about Princess Diana or OJ Simpson. 

linith

Read in a comment above this is solved! 

BurningBaboon

PLEASE!! this is ridiculous this is not an option. Spotify cannot reliably surface the last episode I listened to, nor an episode I am partially through. If it isn't a recent episode, finding is more of a chore than anything else. This seems rather straightforward...HOW IS THIS NOT A THING?!