Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Show cover / karaoke bands after originals

The biggest problem in Spotify is those cover bands. Show those after originals or add another column in search for tribute etc. bands.

I see cover bands and some karaoke **bleep**, but really, where are original tracks?

Do something toprioritise down in search those "cover bands and karaoke bands or tribute bands" and get original tracks instead to top. There should be option to get those tracks down in search results or to add some filter to settings (by default off). I think almost no one want to listen karaoke or cover band / tribute songs.

Search for Modjo - Lady and go to listen those covers and karaokes, there is no original tracks at all.

Sometimes when I search tracks, the cover bands are more popular than original one, is this not possible to get real music (original track) up in search catalogue? Also if there is no original track, I would like to see some information about it because I don't want to search from cover and karaoke bands list forever just to find nothing.

cover and karaoke....png

Enjoy your music. Best regards, Spotify!

There is no need to cover bands or karaoke verisons, just original one!

Thanks!

Updated: 2015-09-17

2015-09-17

Hey everyone, now you have some options to get the songs you're looking for in search results. Now search results are sorted by popularity. If you're still seeing some tracks you don't want (karaoke for instance) you can sort by album, track, artist to find what you're looking for. 

Thanks for continuing to bring your feedback to Spotify through the Idea Exchange!

Comments
espenandre

Modjo's "Lady" is a great song, but the band is regretably not on Spotify (exept one song from an compillation), so only the cover and karaoke versions are shown. I often like hearing other interpretations of songs, and in some cases it can be fun having the karaoke version as well, but (even better) we should have the option to choose showing these versions.

Especially karaoke...Covers can get tricky, just because some covers are more well known than the originals.  There should be a separate section for karaoke though (seriously: try looking up disney songs--it takes time to figure out the original vs. an orchesta cover vs. karaoke vs. covers by random people I don't care about).  The original songs should be listed before covers.

elsergecruz

good one! this drives me bananas! 

ayla_
all the karaoke is so so so annoying. don't mind some covers every now n then but the karaoke is absolutely horrible.
saxmaam

Some people are looking for the karaoke tracks ...

ayla_
the karaoke tracks wouldn't be such an issue if the original track was there to. the non live/karaoke/cover version.

Hey all!!!

I'm impressed how much Kudos my idea have now. Thank you for supporting my idea.

Keep adding your kudos.

Peter__

I wish there was even an option to hide them! 

Peter

The new hit available in the world, in Spotify cover bands... yay!

Seriously, where are original tracks???

More and more tracks I would like to listen only cover bands and karaoke. If I WANT TO KARAOKE I go to bar.

Toast

Bye.