Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Block Followers

I believe there should be a way to block people that are following you on Spotify. When blocked, the user will automatically unfollow you and will not be able to find you, or view your public playlists.

Blocking should be possible via both username and email address.

Liam

Updated on 2021-11-16

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Ideas Exchange, and sharing your votes and comments.

We’re pleased to confirm that all users now have the option to block another user on Spotify. With this update, you can actively block another user across desktop and mobile devices, preventing them from being able to see listening activity, public playlists, or view profile pages.

Here’s how it works:

• When visiting another user’s profile, click on the   (...) button.
  • Select “Block” (or “Block User” on mobile) to block the user whose profile you are viewing.
  • This user will now be blocked and cannot access your page, public playlists or view your listening activity.
  • To unblock a user, click the Unblock option in the same menu.

We're always working hard to provide the best possible Spotify experience in a safe environment.

Please see here for more information.

Comments
serolfrotceh

It seems the only option is to completely close the account.

I have already canceled my premium and asked Spotify to delete my account.

sunnuntaisoturi

Can't believe this is the only option. I really have to consider it myself as well. The whole thing haunts me.

nd-r

I want to block this stalking followers SPOTIFY, DO IT - it´s a bug, not a feature!

saved

I will keep coming back to support this until it happens. "SpotifyCares". Really? Prove it please. That's all we ask.

The very worst society turns a blind eye while the innocent suffer, regardless of whether the suffering is physical, psychological, or both, and regardless of the degree or source of that suffering.

Why we even have to vote for a basic right of every user to feel secure when they use Spotify is truly beyond belief.

pepitalapistole

I don't want my exboyfriend girlfriend to follow me and steal all my music to play the cool with him. I think this is serious and sounds logic, Mr Spotify plis add this feature

pepitalapistole

I don't want my exboyfriend girlfriend to follow me and steal all my music to play the cool with him. I think this is serious and sounds logic, Mr Spotify plis add this feature

Hi237
Agreed!
pepitalapistole
Also we pat for this service so, make this right
pepitalapistole
*pay
Amanda166
I agree wholeheartedly!!! Please tell me this is going to happen soon..