Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Block Followers

I believe there should be a way to block people that are following you on Spotify. When blocked, the user will automatically unfollow you and will not be able to find you, or view your public playlists.

Blocking should be possible via both username and email address.

Liam

Updated on 2021-11-16

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Ideas Exchange, and sharing your votes and comments.

We’re pleased to confirm that all users now have the option to block another user on Spotify. With this update, you can actively block another user across desktop and mobile devices, preventing them from being able to see listening activity, public playlists, or view profile pages.

Here’s how it works:

• When visiting another user’s profile, click on the   (...) button.
  • Select “Block” (or “Block User” on mobile) to block the user whose profile you are viewing.
  • This user will now be blocked and cannot access your page, public playlists or view your listening activity.
  • To unblock a user, click the Unblock option in the same menu.

We're always working hard to provide the best possible Spotify experience in a safe environment.

Please see here for more information.

Comments
Staff
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2021-11-16

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Ideas Exchange, and sharing your votes and comments.

We’re pleased to confirm that all users now have the option to block another user on Spotify. With this update, you can actively block another user across desktop and mobile devices, preventing them from being able to see listening activity, public playlists, or view profile pages.

Here’s how it works:

• When visiting another user’s profile, click on the   (...) button.
  • Select “Block” (or “Block User” on mobile) to block the user whose profile you are viewing.
  • This user will now be blocked and cannot access your page, public playlists or view your listening activity.
  • To unblock a user, click the Unblock option in the same menu.

We're always working hard to provide the best possible Spotify experience in a safe environment.

Please see here for more information.

Zambies86

Awww it looks like it ONLY took Ten years… still don’t trust you as far as I can throw you. It took several of us threatening legal actions and expoing this to the media for it to happen…. STILL DON’T TRUST SPOTIFY!!!! Like I said it too late to implement basic blocking functions when everyone has already left your, service…. You already broke numerous laws by NOT protecting our privacy. The TRUTH ALWAYS comes to light…. 

they just don’t wanna be exposed for the corrupted corporate entity that they are… THAT’S THE ONLY REASON ITS HAPPING NOW… 

Zambies86

But you know, they can send you private messages in the forum now…They implemented that feature,  but we didn’t get a block feature till today. Makes perfect sense….

jessman5

It's not implemented yet. at least I don't have the option. But with this I can F I N A L L Y block my stalking ex! I wanted this 5 years ago!

jessman5

okay guys just update. It's there! YES! 

Thank you ! 

ParentalControl

This is fantastic and the feature works

ParentalControl

[Mobile][Your Library] Bring back Blocked Artists ... - The Spotify Community now we need to be able to manage them in a list as needed.

netheridge

Crazy how long this took to implement- too long, for many; i've moved on to better things (apple music)