Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Friendship Playlists

Alright listen up, you are meeting someone for the first time or carpooling or you met a friend of a friend and how do you get to know them best? Through their music taste. In fact, you really want to be jamming out with them but you just don’t know what songs they like and you really don’t want that awkward silence when you know a song and they’re like.........uh......... I don’t know the words. What’s the solution you ask? A friendship playlist. You would find your friend on spotify and there would be a button next to their name that says “friendship playlist” which would automatically create a collaborative playlist consisting of all the songs you have both put on your playlists, 100% guaranteed bangin’ time while you both sing along to the songs that you both know!

Updated on 2021-10-16

Hi everyone!

We're happy to announce that this feature has now been implemented.

You now have the option to invite a friend to join a Blend playlist which will include songs you both enjoy 🙂

For more information be sure to check out the Newsroom blog and our FAQ

Happy listening 🎶

Top Answer
Gaweringo
Casual Listener

There is something in Spotify called Blend, which lets you send a link to someone and Spotify creates a Playlist of 50 songs that both of you should like. It's under Search -> Made for you -> Blend. It's still in Beta so idk if this is availible to everyone or just people that are in the beta program. But I still agree that a way to merge playlists or create a Blend without having to leave Spotify to send a link would be nice.

Comments
osornios
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2018-10-12

Marked as new idea.

eswarner

AWESOME idea!!!! This would save us from all that awkwardness! 

BangingBeatz

This is a fantastic idea! This thread needs more voted! 

TheJanzap

Oh yes please! Would love to see this happen!

Kimi-44

I had the same thought when I and my best friend who shares the same love and passion for Rock music during a meet up, even when we moved out and both of us are living in different region, I always wonder what are my close friends are listening to and what are their music updates, you know I'm just curious to know since most of my groupies are into rock genre and open to other genres. It's really convenient and cool to have this feature. 

frapo

This is LIT! Best idea ever. Hope it'll gain more support.

kaive

Awsome!

FreezingIce86

This used to be available on the old version of Spotify and I wish they would bring it back.

Thnk_Void

This is such a good idea! I hope it happens.

krisdevelops

This is a pretty cool idea. This could also work as an office playlist.