Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Xbox One app

I'm aware that a large majority of Spotify users won't be gamers but with Microsoft's latest console, the Xbox One, do you think it'd be possible to get a Spotify app? Now that it's possible to multi-task and stream while you game the opportunity to gain new monthly subscribers is massive.

It's already possible as seen with Microsofts new service "Xbox Music" which features heavily in the new console. I know I'd definitely use the app if there was one. Anyone else?

Updated on 2017-08-09

Massive news in the Community today. We're implementing the second largest idea request for all of you.

xbox 2.jpg

Spotify is now available on Xbox One in 34 markets* around the world. The new integration means that millions of Xbox One gamers can now choose the perfect music from Spotify to provide a fresh soundtrack for every gaming session.

Spotify allows you to personalize your gaming experience through your saved music, pre-curated gaming playlists and the full catalogue of Spotify music in the background, while in game. Simply play music on demand, whether you are a free or Premium Spotify user. Creating your personalised gaming soundtrack has never been so simple.

For more information check out https://www.spotify.com/xbox/ and our FAQ here

*AR, AU, AT, BE, BR, CA, CL, CO, CZ, DE, DK, FI, FR, GR, HK, HU, IE, IT, JP, MX, NL, NZ, NO, PL, PT, SG, SK, ES, SE, CH, TW, TR, UK, US

Thanks for your continued feedback here, we're listening!

Comments
jimbo459

This really would be so useful! It would be great to see an official comment on this...

LukeJohnson

Spotify for xbox one would be amazing, please develop this 🙂

jumbalooyah

I am currently torn; until my Xbox One arrived at Xmas my living room was home to my Spotify-playing Mac. But now that Xbox has intergrated intself into my home theatre setup it's far more effiecient to be using Xbox music (paid) or the Vevo app (free). I would love Spotify to get onboard with an Xbox app to allow me to play my favourite music through my superior surround sound setup (and a paying subscription, I might add). Like many have already said; the 'Snap-to' feature is ideal for having music on while multitasking. Hope the Xbox users at Spotify champion our cause with this one.

ZapellaT

Please, build a Spotify app for Xbox One 😄 😄 😄 

kryptonian00

UPDATE: Pandora came out with an Xbox one app. looking into subscribing with them. will let everyone know if the paid version is better....loos like Spotify is dragging their feet on adding over 5 million subscribers...not including the millions on windows 10.

I love that you updated the Windows Phone App. I finally made the jump and signed up for the family package. I would LOVE an Xbox one APP. 

detonatorFIN
I would also love Spotify app for Xbox One. It would be nice to have an universal app covering WP8.1, W8.1 and Xbox One.
PStansberry78

With the introduction of Pandora for Xbox One recently, it became my "1 input" device and I've since removed everything else hooked to my TV.  My Roku devices have been relegated to bedroom use or a drawer.  That being said, as a paying Spotify Premium customer with many personal playlists and saved albums, I'd much prefer to use a native Spotify app on my Xbox One.

Please build an app for Xbox One.  It would get regular and consistent use in my household.

Thanks,

Paul

henningmosand

Great idea,

This is something you (the Spotify team) should absolutely consider. The Xbox One is rapidly turning into the entertainment system of choice in many consumers homes. Imagine all the people who will be using their Xbox One to stream music from Spotify whilst using the console itself or other activities in the house (parties, relaxing music in the home, cleaning music, etc).

A great (and easy) market to penetrate 🙂

MaxxDelusional

This would be great at parties. I could play music through my reciever and not have to have my TV on.

aln12483

Hello, since Spotify is already on the Windows Phone platform, with Microsoft's new "universal app" it is easy to migrate the app to other platforms like the Xbox One...