Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Subscription] Google Home for Family Subscriptions outside US

The free google home incentive is currently only available in the US for Family subscriptions of $14.99, i believe this should also be available in Europe / UK as we pay a higher cost for the same service (in UK spotify family works out to $19.40) with none of the benefits such as this.

Updated on 2019-03-21

Hey folks, 

Thanks for voting on this idea. 

The Google Home Mini offer is now currently available in the UK and France. If the offer becomes available in other countries, we'll let people know on Spotify.com. 

Thanks!

Comments
Guitarcrazy86

Would very much like this offer extended to Canada

EricNLD

Maybe it is an idea to switch all to Play Music from Google to make a stronger fist. 

When they lose millions of paying members they will adjust things rapidly

DogestDoge

@EricNLD Losing millions? You do know that Google Music is an app that supports pirated music files, right? And Spotify aims to provide non-pirated music for people so that artists will benefit. That suggestion will never be considered. 

Bcrob

Seems to be very short sited marketing ploy on Shopify's behalf!  There are other music streaming options available that will be now explored!!!

OneByBoo

As Family plans aren't available in my country, i would still say it is a decent idea 😃

Domin_PVB

Buenas noches,

Sería buena idea ofrecer una suscripción plan amistad premium, de forma que hasta cuatro usuarios puedan compartir una misma cuenta premium. Sería como el plan premium familiar, pero sin tener que residir las cuatro personas en el mismo domicilio.

barley342

I applied for the Google Home Mini when the promo was running. It never came. Was/is this real?

TomLegend
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2019-03-21

Hey folks, 

Thanks for voting on this idea. 

The Google Home Mini offer is now currently available in the UK and France. If the offer becomes available in other countries, we'll let people know on Spotify.com. 

Thanks!

Cloxie

I am getting this error when clicking on the Already have a premium... link in /uk/family. Can anyone help?

We're sorry, an unknown error has occurred.
Please try again later. (1003)

Katerina

Hey there @Cloxie,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

In this case, we'd recommend starting a new thread by heading over to the related Help Board to better troubleshoot this. We'd also suggest making sure to include all necessary info so we can take a closer look.

Let us know how you get on 🙂 We'll be right here if you need more help.