Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Android][Podcasts] Adding indivdual Podcasts to Playlists

The option to save, bookmark or add an individual podcast show to a playlist would be nice to have. I'm actually somewhat surprised that this functionality isn't available. 

Updated on 2019-09-06

Hey folks, 

Thanks for adding your votes to this idea.

It's now possible to add Podcasts to playlists on iOS and Android. Just head to a podcast, click the three dots on the episode you want and select 'Add to Playlist'. 

2019-09-06.jpg

Thanks again!

Comments
TomLegend
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2019-09-06

Hey folks, 

Thanks for adding your votes to this idea.

It's now possible to add Podcasts to playlists on iOS and Android. Just head to a podcast, click the three dots on the episode you want and select 'Add to Playlist'. 

2019-09-06.jpg

Thanks again!

krikelin

Great news!  But why is this still not possible in the desktop clients?

TallPaul69
Not sure as I only use on my phone I’m afraid.
Soz
Rene01

Hi @krikelin,

Looks like a new idea 😉

Regards,

René

pixiej3

I would assume there are plans to add it to the desktop version?

CLocs

Agreed: I hope that plans to implement this in the desktop client are high priority. Lists are growing many and large and re-organization is much quicker on a desktop with more real estate. 

The mobile implementation is great. Exactly what I wanted. That we can make lists of both songs and podcasts is very cool. Thank you for implementing this, Spotify. 

For everyone making lists of podcasts, remember that you can make folders of lists. Folder: Podcasts. Lists under Podcasts: Business, Relationships, Comedy, Best. 

yaddamaster

Really appreciate Spotify adding this functionality. I was just in the process of moving to another service and this puts a hold on this for now. 
We do need the ability to manage this on the desktop client as well. The mobile client is small and clunky - I want to manage this all on the desktop and then go for a run\bike\hike with it all set up on my phone.

The weird thing is it appears on the desktop client and suggested podcasts can be added - but that's it.

Rene01

Hi,

Because this topic isn't closed yet, I assume they are still working on it.

Regards,

René

Peter_Houx

Very nice! Now I'm just missing the same function in the Mac OSX-app 😃 

31orohxxsq33in7

I would like to be able to add individual podcasts to a playlist from a desktop. Right now, I usually use spotify on my computer but when I find a podcasts that I want to add, I would then open the app on my phone and I tried to find the exact same podcast on my phone to add to a playlist. I would like the "Add to Playlists" option on my computer.

Also, I would like the option to add entire playlist to a new playlists