Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ability to "dislike" or "block" unwant content!

Due to autoplay playing like content that I've

listened to it automatically adds podcasts and content that I'm not interested in to my "Your shows" list. We should be able to control what content we don't want to listen to and have it blocked or removed from our subscriptions like any other subscription you have the ability to dislike content and therefore have it removed from your recommendations...

Comments
22ppfvdtj7arolewsaso

Please allow the user to block unwanted podcasts and unwanted podcasts artists. How come we can block music artists, or even songs, but we cannot block podcasts artists or any podcast? It doesn't make sense! Listening to ideas we don't like is even worse than listening to songs we don't like.

I asked for help and got terrible suggestion from the Spotify support to solve the situation:

1) To disable the "Autoplay": Well, that brings me another problem, because I like the autoplay in songs, and I also like the autoplay of the podcast artist I am listening to. That solves the problem of recommendations, but that harms the practicality and functionality of the app. Not convenient at all.

2) Listen to other podcasts, then the algorithm recalculates your preferences: I cannot be forced to listen to podcasts forcibly so that the algorithm understands that I hate the previous podcast suggestions it gave me. I've already marked the suggestions with 1 star, but the app continues to add these podcasts that I hate to my list. Not only this does not solve the problem, but also it creates an obligation on me that I shouldn't have.

3) Create a playlist before you start listening to your podcast: If I open the app to listen to a podcast, the last thing I want is to have to create a playlist. This is not practical. I just want to open my favorite podcast and press play. If I'm listening to a podcast artist that's in my library, what I'm hoping for is that the playlist will bring up more podcasts from the same artist or playlist that I'm listening to. It doesn't make sense to have to stop what I'm doing and create a whole playlist before listening, when I would just like to press "play".

4) When you start listening to a podcast, add other podcasts by the same artist to the playlist: This also doesn't solve the problem, as sooner or later unwanted podcasts will come up again.

ALL OF THIS IS CAN BE SOLVED IN A VERY SIMPLE WAY: ALLOWING THE USER TO BLOCK ARTISTS FROM UNWANTED PODCASTS OR UNWANTED EPISODES, just as the App allows us to do this in songs.

PLEASE SOLVE THAT, SPOTIFY!

Joseferc

Definitely is something I support.

It's annoying that I'm not able to exclude content that I don't want to listen. Specially if I someone's shares an episode of a podcast and I listen one minute, then I have it in the queue for ever. And autoplays new episodes that I don't want to listen. I have several cases and it's frustrating not having the option to delete it from my profile or block it or simple does not show.

Adam1313

They have this feature for songs and artists... doesn't actually work. So maybe they're trying to figure out how to make that work correctly first.

Someoneelsetoo

Please add a button to dislike and block songs.  If I have to listen to “Texas hold em” again…. Ugh shutter 

luststrolchDe

I support this idea!

a7h13f

Please, please, please give us SOME ability to downvote/dislike/stop songs from playing IN ALL VERSIONS. Feature parity should exist across web-desktop-mobile. I shouldn't have to swap to the mobile app to perform one action, then swap to the desktop app to perform another.

My discover weekly and recommendations are absolutely terrible, and I have no ability to do anything about it. There's no way to tell spotify what songs I do or don't like, or what genres I do or don't want included in my recommendations. I'm not sure if the frustration Spotify brings is worth the monthly cost, at this point

MacDaddyAZ

On "dynamic" playlists, I see a "dislike" button on mobile, but not on desktop. Since I do 99% of my listening on the desktop app, I would really love to see some feature parity there.

TMECE

They have that for music artists, but unfortunately it hasn't worked for months (at least not for me).

CozGalaxy

Oh my gosh YES!!!! I have a recommended podcast that automatically plays and it makes my want to stick pencils in my ears and rupture my ear drums! It has been in what I call "Auto-fill play" for MONTHS!!!!! 

Balewski748

This hardly seems difficult. The fact that Spotify will not allow us to choose whom we want to listen to does not support a "free market" music app. If we don't want to listen to a specific song or artist who are you tell me I have to listen to them? Pretty "big brother" garbage to me.