Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Friend Feed] 'Likes and emojis' to a song/artist a friend is listening to

Similar to at least one idea I saw on this forum,

I thought it would be a cool idea that you could (like instagram live) send a like or an emoji (from a selection) in real time - as your friend is listening to it.

It's a simple addition, that informs your friend their song choice/artist choice/playlist or even album choice is being recognised in a positive manner.

This could happen having an extra tab/button to click that opens up a simple pop up of your choices and then that sends a little discrete pop up to the listener.

See the very poorly created images I made for reference

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 12.47.00 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 12.52.33 pm.png

Updated on 2023-04-14

Hey there folks!

We've been keeping an eye on this Idea and we're thrilled it's gotten so many likes 🙂
We're marking it as 'Not right now' as there are no immediate plans for us to implement this but we'd encourage you to continue voting for it! The more likes it gets - the better the chances that it will get looked at again sooner 🙌🏼

Take care & thanks for sharing your feedback with us. It's greatly appreciated!

Comments
Alex
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2022-07-30

Hello @11163814285,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

cris_arama

It would be great if there was an option to like or comment on the songs that our friends are currently listening to, since we can see what they're listening to live. Or some kind of a chat to send songs to each other 🙂

mba1379

Hi Spotify,

I have an idea to put a like button on the what is your friend listening like "instagram story like button". To connected to this you can bring some insights and features such as:

• How many likes you had during the year in "Spotify Wrap" - with a text Ex. " Oh, you are a quite influencer this year, aren't you? Your friends like "xxx many" songs this year. etc.
  • The playlist that mixes the songs have been liked by your friends -  It may lead to so many great house gathering/party playlists 🙂

And so on.. Just an idea popped up to my head while I was shuffling. Thanks for your consideration and credit in advance 🙂

Sincerley,

Berk

Vasil
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2023-04-14

Hey there folks!

We've been keeping an eye on this Idea and we're thrilled it's gotten so many likes 🙂
We're marking it as 'Not right now' as there are no immediate plans for us to implement this but we'd encourage you to continue voting for it! The more likes it gets - the better the chances that it will get looked at again sooner 🙌🏼

Take care & thanks for sharing your feedback with us. It's greatly appreciated!