Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] Remove items from Recently Played history

I would also like it if we had the option to remove our recently played history because sometimes I would listen to someone's playlist, an artist, or one of my own playlists by accident and I don't really listen to the playlist or artist anymore or I already have a song by that artist and it doesn't make sense to keep it in my library or recently played history.

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
ItsPureKittyKat

Please Add This

LuckyHRE

This is even more required with the personalized Spotify stories everyone is sharing. Mine is bugged because my SO accidentally listened to some songs of her own in my account. 

I get that giving full control of our history like in Google Chrome where you see each single page you visited, and when, may be difficult. But at least let us remove some of the last entries.

WACOMalt

Spotify knows they're the only serious contender for music streaming. Therefore what incentive do they have to fix this? This isn't a suggestion it's a BUG. The feature existed and had been intentionally broken (read: removed) without warning or input from users. Spotify has a history of doing this, and then silencing "ideas" that get traction complaining about their choice. There's already been ideas about fixing this bug, with traction. And they get closed and new ones come up. I won't be paying for Spotify any more. Between this and so many similar issues with their intentional ignoring of paying customers, I'm done.

Mario
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

michaelboldt

Hi Mario, your post is like a slap in my face:  We, the paying community, are begging(!) for years to bring back the possibility to delete or modify the recently played history and now this „graceful” notification.

Step down from your throne and realize who is paying your salary.
2h4effcr3vdkl6y

Please PLEASE add this feature. I have coworkers that constantly play pranks and will go on my spotify to add random songs that I do not want on there. Also, as many of the others have mentioned - sometimes we have friends over and they play songs they like. 

bwhendrickson

Ugh, that post from Mario is condescending AF. Spotify does not care about their paying customers. What is this entropic garbage where the second you give a company money, they start to suck as bad as Comcast or an airline.

______If every single premium user canceled over this nonsense, they'd be completely ****ed. ______

Stop pissing off the people keeping your crappy business afloat and give back options you took away that make using your stupid app even worth doing in the first place. 

If I don't see this get rolled out **in**the**next**month** I'm canceling Premium and would STRONGLY encourage everyone else who has posted here to do the same and give them a bad rating in the app store. Maybe if enough people quit and downvote the **** out of it somewhere really visible, they'll stop screwing us over and be a little more humble about giving us a basic modicum of decent service before they go under completely.

How do you like them apples, "Mario?" 

klvz84

This issue really needs o be addressed quicker. This option should be easily available to users. I hate that when I'm searching for a song that might have a popular title but I don't know who sings it, all songs are added to my recently played list. I should be able to remove the ones I don't want. Why is this so hard?

Jim55555

It seems positively disrespectful to deny your users the extravagance of hiding or deleting parts of their listening history? In cases where a product explicitly limits a user's control of their data, the vendor should describe the rationale behind not providing this functionality to their users - not the other way around. 

Do the other paid music services allow one the extravagance of hiding or deleting parts of your listening history?

leibnitz4

The Spotify company line that they keep repeating "If you continue to listen to the songs you like, the other songs will soon disappear."  This is in fact false.  Whatever the company's current intentions may or may not be, that statement is false.  Also, the company's intentions will change with time too.  Even if the algorithm is fixed today to stop playing unwanted songs and podcasts, without a way to truly remove them from the history, the unwanted songs and podcasts will still come back whenever Spotify wants them to come back.