Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Option to disable or hide podcasts entirely

I don't listen to podcasts and don't intend to. But it currently takes up valuable space in both the Spotify mobile app and also in Android Auto. It's annoying having to see podcasts all the time when I don't care for them and don't want to see them.

Is it not reasonable to just have a toggle to show podcasts or not?

Updated on 2023-10-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange and for bringing us your continual feedback. We also think this is a great idea and that there's an opportunity to make it happen, so we're looking into it further.

We'll post here when we have an update - Stay tuned!

Comments

Having wasted so much money on Podcasts they are probably reluctant to let people hide it

UserAlpha352

Hello Everyone,
I hope everyone understands that the people from the "reviewers" team simply, do not care about this.
They get paid (there is a big probability that they get money for promoting podcasts) for showing podcasts, they will never actually add an option like this, not until some investor of theirs gets an great idea to introduce something called "Spotify Podcasts" (an idea for a separate app made just for podcasts) but until then? They do not care.

greenyamo
TheColdPrince

I bought Deezer and Apple Music plan because I hate podcasts! Half of my recommendations are Podcasts! I'll cancel my existing plan on Spotify due to explicit contents in podcast plus nudity and violent covers of their podcasts. 

Fuller1754

Spotify should remove podcasts and audiobooks from the Spotify app entirely. They should expand Megaphone, their podcasting platform, to include a podcast listening app too, under the same name. I understand that Spotify is investing heavily in podcasts as another revenue stream. I have nothing against that, and in fact, I hope this keeps them profitable and able to sustainably provide ad-free music for ten or eleven bucks a month long into the future. So why did I switch to Apple Music? Because music is music and podcasts are podcasts, and each deserves its own app. Apple gets this. One app can't fit it all, especially the way Spotify does it, where the two are not even compartmentalized. It's all jumbled together, including major homescreen space incessantly showing podcasts I will never care about.

PaulMac

@fuller1754 I totally agree. I don't know if the penny will ever drop with Spotify that most customers are here for the music. I've no issue with small icons placed subtly somewhere in the music app that link to podcasts/audiobooks. Its this in your face constant pushing of these services that's so annoying.

Lots of rumours that HiFi is finally going to arrive soon albeit with a hefty price tag as part of a package to include high res audio music bundled with audiobooks. Likely making it the most expensive platform out there. It would be nice to have the option of choosing lossless music only without the audiobooks but we'll have to wait and see.

Oh well, looks like I'll be sticking with Qobuz😁

willjcran

Fr

OurPodfather
Status changed to: Under Consideration

OscarDC
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Updated on 2023-10-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange and for bringing us your continual feedback. We also think this is a great idea and that there's an opportunity to make it happen, so we're looking into it further.

We'll post here when we have an update - Stay tuned!

OscarDC after 4 years, what a great news today ! Not having the possility to hide podcasts from home screen is the main reason why I don't use Spotify since a while (used Apple Music and now Qobuz).

With the Hi-Fi plan that seems to coming soon, removing podcasts from home screen could makes me switch back to Spotify cause your service still be great. And removing podcasts suggestions from home screen could even makes me listen... podcasts on Spotify !

Thanks