Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Radio] AM/FM Radio Streaming

A suggestion like this has already been marked inactive, but I do believe that Spotify can be made a more complete service by incorporating AM and FM radio channel streaming. If it would be possible to add stations in to the radio feature, perhaps separating stations into two categories, live radio and Spotify radio, then Spotify would truly become the chosen one, giving users access to virtually every legal music listening service on the market. Listeners could use the feature for new popular music, news, and talk entertainment. Similar to the way the feature currently works, listeners could save their favorite stations, and browse through lists organized by genre, location, or amplitude/frequency. Feedback from people familiar with the way that radio stations would react to third-party streaming would be particularly appreciated to solve the business end of this proposal. Let's get this second attempt at implementing a good feature a shot at getting off the ground!

Updated on 2017-08-23

Hey @Rhuidel thanks for bringing your idea to the Spotify Idea Exchange. We don't have any plans to add AM/FM Radio options to Spotify at this time. We're going to mark this idea as 'Not Right Now', but it's still open for votes and feedback. If we have any updates on this we'll post here again, thanks!

Comments
Kovaelin

It's been 5 years since this post: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Add-custom-radio-stream-url-s/idi-p/99357

I don't think they're listening.

Pythagoras

Upvote.

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2017-08-23

Hey @Rhuidel thanks for bringing your idea to the Spotify Idea Exchange. We don't have any plans to add AM/FM Radio options to Spotify at this time. We're going to mark this idea as 'Not Right Now', but it's still open for votes and feedback. If we have any updates on this we'll post here again, thanks!

connortaylo

yessssssssssss

dyg2104

I would very much appreciate this feature being added. I would use the spotify app on my phone a lot more if it could integrate with FM radio similar to the NextRadio app, and I could add the songs playing on FM radio to my personal library on spotify.

stevencravis

What would be really cool is a way to give an extra . . . sharing option next to artist name for 

Share Artist Radio URL.

This is an example of one that actually works to launch Steven Cravis Artist Radio on Spotify (meaning auto-created play that includes Steven Cravis and similar artists).

This particular example only works on desktop for paid/subscribed accounts that are logged in. There are some inconsistencies, so for example, it may work on PC Spotify app, for certain versions of Windows, but not others. And it's not clear yet how to get it to work for Mac.

Here's the example URL. Try it and comment if it worked or not: http://www.healingpiano.com/spotifyartistradio.php

ebdm1991

I would love if this idea could be incorporated! That way I can find and save my favourite stations, and favourite songs to download later on! 

DellaSquare

I had the same idea and I've seen your request. It will be cool also if you can add to your music/playlist a song that you hear on the "live radio".

Olemann

What about Dab / DAB+ streaming?

ryanromerosr

Is there anyway we can hack spotify on our phone to include it? If we can get the source code perhaps someone can Add it instead of waiting. Im looking for a APP, that is like spotify with that specifically : I listen to one channel talk radio which would be most of the time. the other features my wife may use once in a while as it is now. I use a windows phone, and support is for groove music and spotify i the only reason I would even consider this. I been having windows phones for years, Lumia 1520. But as is, its just taking space on the phone as its useless until this is added. Radio Pup I suppose it is until they make this program worth using.