Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Remember Position in Playlist / Album

Please remember the current song playing in a playlist so if I switch away to a different playlist and then switch back, Spotify will know where I left off.

I often can't finish a playlist right away or my mood changes so I might switch to a different playlist. Later, I want to finish the previous playlist, not start over again.

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

This idea accidentally ended up in the wrong board, so we're moving it back here. 

We're keeping the Not Right Now status as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
totally agree 🚩➡playlist private or public published need to have some kind of mark for last song played !! even a spotify playlist could have 50 or more songs and if you switching back and forth from different lists it would be much easier to have an indication of where you left off😕 ▶▶let the powers that be know that this is a necessity👉👉🌝🎯
fossil78
exactly! it is essential when listening to audiobooks to remember the pos. I always make Screenshots as a workaround.... sad...
screenshost good idea I do something sadder I have post on any.do that I constantly updateing I'm going to try the screen shots and just attach.. ridiculous!!!
pejo74

I would like not only the current song to be remembered but also the current time in the song.
I would like to be able to quickly switch between playlist.

This is really useful in the gym where I can have a playlist for aggressive music that one activate when it is time to lift and a soft list for resting between sets.

I have this functionality in a player app I wrote myself but this only have the ability to play music stored on the device (PC).

@pejo 74 Hello! a similar idea has also been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Remember-current-song-in-playlist/idi-p/55725
@pejo74 just a few more kudos on original post and it goes to the powers that be! please check out the link here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Remember-current-song-in-playlist/idi-p/55725
wigglebit

This should really be fixed by making a change to the playlist format.

I'm too lazy and busy to look them up but I think there are at least a couple of different formats. Somewhere in the header of the format, there should be a pointer to the play position of the last song played. Perhaps the playlist format should also support bookmarks of my favorite positions in a song or story.

Stahlgewitter
This. Pretty please.
VfourA

Currently got a very, very long playlist going on (4000+ tunes), and having to find where i left off after i switched is not just extremely annoying, but also rather time-consuming as i can't search within playlists either. Bookmarks please! This is a QoL thing i'm surprised wasn't implemented earlier.

stefan1984

This is a must! I switch between audio books and music all the time. 

My current solution: After listening to an audio book I create a note on my phone with the current track number I stopped listening.

How lame is that?