Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Remember Position in Playlist / Album

Please remember the current song playing in a playlist so if I switch away to a different playlist and then switch back, Spotify will know where I left off.

I often can't finish a playlist right away or my mood changes so I might switch to a different playlist. Later, I want to finish the previous playlist, not start over again.

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

This idea accidentally ended up in the wrong board, so we're moving it back here. 

We're keeping the Not Right Now status as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
kaitenkamikaze

In the meantime it is even worse...

You have one playlist on device 1, that you want to pause / resume on regular base, as it is a coherent piece that you want to listen to...(lets say an audiobook) 

Now (smart *ss that you are) you take a second device 2 and listen on this device to the day by day music...no play list no nothing...

But thanks to spotify....when you are listening on device 2 to your unstructured music and by accident open device 1 ( the audiobook one...) then the App switches the playlist on device 1 to the song, that you are listening on device 2...

and f*ck up the status of your audiobook...

I don't know who is doing the application architecture for this app...but maybe it would be a good idea, that he starts to use his own software (to find out what kind of **bleep** he is producing)

br

Bonz1

How is this not a feature yet, at least mark the song in a different colour or something. Really annoying that this feature is lacking.

balhata

Yet another feature that would clearly be useful for users but that Spotify apparently aren’t interested in even trying to implement (presumably because it wouldn’t make them money again).  Even if we could just have ‘smart’ playlists as iTunes have had for over  a decade, we could at least set to ‘exclude recently played’ ... but they can’t even be bothered to do that either.  Given that it is clearly possible to do, then can only assume it’s because they want the same songs to repeat over and over for commercial reasons.  Not very customer friendly for a premium subscription service.... shame on you Spotify (again).

Lolipop1974

Same unbelievable problem in Apple Music. We are in 2020 and still writing down notes where we have to resume listening.

If Remembering the position in playlists / albums is available in Spotify then I will switch to Spotify. 

garath

As I hear a lot of Audio books with around 200-400 chapters, simply just switching to another playlist is almost impossible. Please create a feature that almost every video player has, who remembers the playback position.

As it stands now if I whant to hear another playlist, It takes me up to 20 Min. to find my position of the Audio Book again. This is really a big pain and should be implemented.

Goodman
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2020-01-10

Hi folks.

We appreciate your feedback and your votes. However, this idea has been Not Right Now for over two years so we'll have to close it.

We will keep an eye out and if things change we'll come back and provide an update.

drift_away

When I’m listening to a playlist, I may want to go and check out some other song or playlist, but when I return I can’t continue where I left off. I think it’s odd that this feature is only available to free subscription users.

Jmerr1224

**bleep** yessss, I’ve been wanting this for years!

Jpgchief

You're right this is odd. I didn't know this exist at all. 

matt4121

Totally agree, SO annoying!