Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Playlists] Automotive sort option playlist

In the Spotify app in the Android Automative software (not to be confused with Android auto app, that's different!), there is no way to choose the sort order of music in a playlist. For example, I have a playlist where I add new music every week or day. In my mobile/laptop/tablet Spotify app I can sort the newly added music at the top. In my Volvo XC40 P8 with the Android Automotive software and the included Spotify app there is no option for this. Music in the playlist is always sorted as old -> new. That's not how many users use it and is very annoying.

Please add a sort option in the Spotify app for users to choose.
Thanks!

Updated on 2022-06-24

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Elena
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-02-18

Hey @Jan_Westerman,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

norwe

Really need this! 

Jan_Westerman

Thanks! Well please share the link to everybody you know so this request get more then enough likes 🙂

sandervd

Hey Spotify people! Music lovers like to create and maintain their own playlist. That's why it is super annoying that playlists in new Volvo's and Polestars (and future cars with Android Automotive) always start with the oldest songs. Sorting would be great, but I guess that I would be happy with newest on top for now. Thank you!

Jan_Westerman

Hi people from Spotify,

Can you please inform me what is the next step to get this request into a Spotify Update?

Thanks!

Regards Jan

Jacob
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-05-20

Your suggestion has at least 50 votes in 3 months! Keep gathering votes. If this idea gets enough votes, Spotify will check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

tomashons

I think this is actual bug more than it should be request for a new feature. If I have playlist sorted like this then it should be sorted like this every time and everywhere, there should not be something special for AndroidAuto. More to that with knowing that in AppleCar play it is sorted right, from new to old. So you also have big inconsistency between systems, there are total opposites. Also this idea have already 135 votes so please do something about it. If you are going to look at all these similar ideas which you closed due to lack of votes you will see at least 250 independent votes. Thank you. 

Emilia_8
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-09-01

Hello again!

It looks like your Idea has not gathered the minimum of 180 +VOTES within 6 months, so unfortunately it has to be marked as Closed - Not Enough Votes

However, it's still open for voting! Even with a Closed status Spotify Staff will still be tracking this idea and its votes. 

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here. 

Thanks again for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange and have a great day! 

Mellowdrone

Hi there, this feature drives me absolutely bonkers. I have no issues with the Android Auto feature other than this. It is dangerous on the road for me to look at my phone and attempt to fix the issue manually, to go to a playlist that way and pick the top song instead of using the car-mode UI that was intended to help me but doesn't. I don't even care that there isn't a sort option, it should at minimum be defaulted to the Sort order the playlist has already been designated as (in my case by Last Added). Thank you, and I hope this gets fixed in the future, as it feels like a bug moreso than a request.

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2022-06-24

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.