Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Remove the Shuffle / Play Button

Hi, I tried out your new design, which I have mixed feelings about, but nevermind that. The most annoying thing I come over in the new Spotify (for iPhone by the way) is the dumb, big, overlapping, unnecessary shuffle play button that pops up everywhere. Is this a bug or is this on purpose? Could at least had add an option for it. Also, it doesn't look streamlined at all with the current design. Did it even occur that not everyone wants a shuffle play button?

Updated on 2020-11-04

Hey folks,
As some of you will have noticed, this has changed on iOS.
We've updated the idea, so that we can update everyone more accurately with regards to Android.
We're marking this as a 'Good idea', too.
Please know that your feedback is reaching the right teams here.

We'll post an update if anything changes!
Thanks

Comments
Shufflema

AGREEEEEEE. REPLACE IT WITH PLAY/Stop

Shufflema

Can be stressing when your driving....... 

It would. Be possible to have it CONFIGURABLE !!   DO IT SPOTIFY......

Bernt1975

I totally agree. I would even call it a safety issue: when driving, playing an album should be a 1 second/1 click gesture which is legal where I live (as long as device attached to dash), not scrolling past the huge shuffle button and double checking to make sure you click the first song. Even worse, that button does become a play button in certain circumstances, in my case a 'daily mix' playlist by Spotify. But an album created by an artist in a specific order does not warrant just being played. Nor user created playlists. 

koszza

Please quickly add option to remove shuffle play button for premium account  ! It's really boring and dangerous in the car to find the first piece !

biv_3

Two years later and no update on the last status post. There are over 700 votes on this - spotify please comment. Let us change the main button to Play/Pause.

Robvalentine

Hi all I managed to fix this by switching to Apple Music. Hope this helps. 

BIGRICK
That's certainly and effective workaround.
Akd3

Please get that shuffle icon off your app it’s really annoying and I’m disappointed with this app because I can’t listen to the songs I want to listen to by myself please fix this problem it’s really disappointing that you create an app that doesn’t have the functionality you want please please get this sorted 

Staff
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Updated on 2020-11-04

Hey folks,
As some of you will have noticed, this has changed on iOS.
We've updated the idea, so that we can update everyone more accurately with regards to Android.
We're marking this as a 'Good idea', too.
Please know that your feedback is reaching the right teams here.

We'll post an update if anything changes!
Thanks

Akd3
what exactly does that mean that you’re going to remove the shuffle from
your app

Regards
Akdharper