Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change/ Disable voice personality of AI DJ

As the title says, it would be a great feature if we could change or disable the voice or personality of the AI DJ. 

Updated on 2023-06-12

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Alex
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2023-03-16

Hello @bishop_moonhead 

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Alex
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2023-03-16

Hello @bishop_moonhead 

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Spaceboy88

I would like the option to disable the voice altogether. 

XxKILLABEATZxX

Imagine being able to have a Celebrity or friend be your DJ!!! An idea came to me after finally experiencing the AI DJ. My father was a radio DJ his whole life. He passed when I was 10, I’m 36 now and I would do anything to hear him on the radio again. I have hours of clips of him on the radio. What if we could submit clips and have custom AI voices made for the DJ. Endless opportunities lay here, sign on celebrities so you can have your fav artist or comedian or whoever be your personal AI DJ. Have a premium service for this. There’s no amount of money I wouldn’t pay to hear my dads voice on the radio again. 

The possibilities are endless. Have Snoop Dogg or Chris Rock maybe even Justin Bieber or whoever as your own Personal Dj. I can’t see people not signing on for this. I would love to see this happen and would do anything I could to make it happen! 

peachy5

AI DJ voice options that would be great to include:

- disabling voice, uninterrupted song transitions

- changing voice/personalities/gender

- a "more info" tab when in DJ mode to see the logic/suggestions that the voice would otherwise tell you in TEXT form. Maybe a slide you can flip through where sometimes lyrics, or "about the song" show up.

- filtering system that filters bpm, lyric-less, upbeat, etc. (I understand you could just go to the pre-made playlists), but this would be more personalized to the material one already listens to.

Great feature otherwise! Keep up the good work!

hvby-3_p7ho4

Why on earth would you NOT give a way to turn the DJ commentary feature off? What is the "necessary amount of votes" needed? I guess i need to voice my opinion in larger public forums to get additional votes.

Visionary1

I've used the DJ - great concept.  Nice to make it more lively (quick recite current time and weather in locale) and less canned statements.  The one major thing that prevents me from using it more (if at all) is the selection of the voice - very very irritating.  Using urban hip language is not good.  Need a diversity of choices, please.

ruth_less29

i know it’s in beta, but it would be nice to have the option to turn the ai dj voice off and just let the music play uninterrupted. 

lincolnthree

Please please please let me turn off the DJ's voiceover entirely. He completely takes me out of the mood. I just want a music stream, not a virtual guy in front of a non-existent turntable.

Mabes1973

Please let me turn off the DJ voice. Please.