Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Click album art to go to song in playlist

It used to be functionality that if you clicked on album art (in bottom left corner or in Now Playing window) it would open the current playlist showing the currently playing track. This no longer works. 

Please bring it back as it is really time-consuming trying to find the track in the playlist (in large playlists). I used to use this function for almost every track that played. It's really annoying it no longer works.

Current functionality of clicking on album art in Now Playing takes you to the album - this is pointless as you can do that by clicking on the song title in Now Playing to do that.

SOLUTION: You can jump to the song in the current playlist - click on the Playlist Name at the top of the Now Playing pane (i.e. above the album art)

Comments
kayleysingasong

I have a massive playlist that I play at work that I play in alphabetical order, and I used that function all the time. I only recently updated Spotify, and now that this feature is no longer available, it's a pain in the **bleep** to scroll for ages to find where in the playlist I am. Bring it back PLEASE!

raremarc

I can't believe Spotify removed this option. It's a terrible decision. It was an essential feature for curating playlists. You could already go to the album by clicking on the song title!

The worst part is that if you click on the playlist's name, it always leaves you at the top, and then you have to manually search for the currently playing song every time. It's very frustrating.

Simply putting a button or a command to return to the song, like Apple Music has, would be perfect.

Dmytr0

It's a shame, I've been using the "go to the song in the current playlist" feature heavily.

Now in the Windows desktop app, clicking on album art at the bottom left toggles Now playing view. There is a dedicated button for this already at the right bottom.

Clicking on the larger album art on the right Now playing panel moves you to the album the track belongs to. Although you can do this by clicking on the track title in both places.

So now there is no way to go back to the current playlist without searching for it or clicking Go back arrow multiple times. And if I even don't remember what playlist is this? Let's say I'm looking for a cool playlist, I started playing one of them but kept searching. Now I want to go back to the playlist I am playing. How the **bleep** can I do this?

Lots of your UI/UX decisions do not make sense and really **bleep** me off, Spotify. Please bring back this feature.

averysauer

I suspect that spotify has done this on purpose because they want to be the one curating what everyone is listening to via their own spotify playlists. This is a horrible update. Worthless toggle of the right pane, I can get that right pane info elsewhere.

I have a running playlist that I am constantly adding to so I have a queue of things I want to listen to eventually. I edit the order all the time if I'm not in the mood for whatever happens to come up and I can cut and paste that album further down the playlist. I used to be able to click the album art to find my current place in the playlist so I could rearrange in this way. Now I have NO WAY TO FIND THE CURRENTLY-PLAYING SONG IN MY PLAYLIST. I can't emphasize enough what a terrible change this is.

maxmustermann2045

Spotify can also introduce a new button for this navigation. Doesn't need to be the album art.

Please don't tell the user to be wrong. When there is a dirt track, don't block it off, pave it.

StThrivin

Please bring this back, or at least add a button or option to jump to the song in the playlist. Are just supposed to remember where a song is in a playlist?

If we wanted things to be like the mobile app, we'd use the mobile app.

Axonn

I can't believe they removed this feature. I can't believe it. The most recent changes to Spotify are really weird. I don't know who's in charge of UX but they seem bent on annoying their users.

It was terrible enough that on mobile you CANNOT go to the currently playing song in a playlist. Now on Desktop too? 

THIS FEATURE HAS TO BE EASY TO USE on BOTH mobile and desktop! On Mobile it's not even there. 

Plombom

Please fix this Spotify! Kind regards/Plombom

P3tro

I like the idea of going to the track in the album rather than it's position in the playlist from which the track is being played. I also like the idea of following the track based on its position in my playlist. As someone else suggested, I'd like the option to do both.

EinfachToll

As someone else pointed out in another thread, there is a solution: you have to click the playlists's name at the very top of the "now playing" pane on the right.