Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Comments

Now I hate to use another music platform as an example, but Soundcloud has a feature that allows you to see comments on a song. Why do want this on Spotify? In my personal opinion I think that comments are something that is just nice to see because I like seeing what other peoples thoughts are on a song. Allowing comments would allow a user to see the general public reaction to a song. Example: I like this song, I'm debating whether or not to show it to someone. I check the comments to see what other people have to say about it, if the comments are positive I'm more to likely to listen to the song and share it to others

Cons: Negative feedback and bad spam on certain artists.  fix: block spam, filter certain words, have a message before a user comments saying that you will be banned from commenting if the comment is harsh towards the artist

You could even make a feature that allows the user to turn it on and off if you want to see the comments or not. Like a hide comments button 

Updated on 2023-11-03

We're thrilled to see that your suggestion is rapidly gaining popularity and we're updating its status to Good Suggestion.

We hope that it will continue to gain support from more users. Thank you for your valuable contribution - we truly appreciate it!

For more details about how the Ideas Exchange works, please refer to here.

Comments
TheCosmicLink

We should be able to comment on songs or albums that we enjoy so we can hear what other fans think of when they hear the songs or interpret in the lyrics. Kind of like YouTube music has done where they added their comment sections. 

Jose_M
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2023-10-02

Hello @TheCosmicLink!

I marked your idea as a New Suggestion. Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community. I'd recommend checking out this article for more info on how the Ideas Exchange is managed.

Have a nice day 🙂

vermavinay982

There comes an underrated song, and I want to read what others think of this song. Also I want to share some memory with this song. 
Currently to read the comments, I have to move to youtube and search for that song. 

It would be wonderful if spotify has their comment section as well, for each song. 

I would love to just scroll below and read more about that song. 

If this feature is not there, I would plan to buy youtube premium, which I dont want, because I want to support spotify and want this service to grow a lot. 

MihailY
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2023-10-17

Hello @vermavinay982,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary number of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Robin0201

I was wondering why Spotify haven't added a kind of community inside the app to have like discussions about songs/artists, just like the reaction section in Youtube?

You can then start conversations with people who are into the same music taste, or just create a conversation group with your friends about songs you both like.

Would be nice!

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2023-11-03

We're thrilled to see that your suggestion is rapidly gaining popularity and we're updating its status to Good Suggestion.

We hope that it will continue to gain support from more users. Thank you for your valuable contribution - we truly appreciate it!

For more details about how the Ideas Exchange works, please refer to here.

Mintystark

I understand the hesitation as many people might leave negative comments or worse like hate statements etc, but for me I occasionally come across a song that I feel is remarkable and I want to share my love for it or I am curious why the Artist doesn't make more songs like that one and want to share those thoughts. Adding a Like is just not enough.