[Community][Your Library] Recommending Songs On the App to Friends

I wish there was a way to send songs on the app to friends. That way when they open the app it can sort of pop up like when my New Music Friday sometimes pops up. It can be a nice surprise for that person and then also anytime someone recommends a song to you it adds it to a playlist sort of like the "Liked Songs" playlist except its a bunch of songs that your friends think you would like. I think this could be fun with friends as a way to say this song reminds me of you or that I think you would like this song and when they open the app they can listen to it right away or later but the little pop up can be a "surprise" in a way 🙂

Updated on 2021-08-06

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Comments
Alex
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-08-06

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

plumsauce9
Casual Listener

Having messaging or a recommended from friends playlist would be great. I'd also want to be able to add to the playlist from suggestions I got from outside of the app aswell.

reedbjork
Visitor

I've been wanting this for years!!