Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Crossfade on Spotify Connect

Please add Crossfade option while using Spotify Connect!!!

Why not have this option while using Connect???

Think of it, you use CONNECT when you want to send Spotify music to your sound system(i.e: CONNECT compatible Audio amplifier/receiver) when you're having a party. Wouldn't you want continuous playback in this kind of use??

I really do not understand why I would not be able to use this feature because I'm using the your streaming service with a compatible device which is partner with Spotify!!!

PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!! PLEASE! 

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
nicoboucher73

Hey @ludwigkrempl , 

Spotify doesn't care at all about what the cutomers want. My subject is perfect example of that... 
Total waste of time using this community... nothing will change!

That's what a whopping market share will do to a company... once they are over a certain percentage, they become God and do whatever the f**k they want and forget the customers.

Magnavox

three years later and STILL no crossfade?? How do I stream music to my stereo without crossfade or any other 'advanced'  options? Cmon spotify, who listens music on their laptop these days?

Payne747

A key requirement for a decent party - I'll be choosing streaming services in the future that support this.

TomLegend
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

bmcgregor3

Come on Spotify engineers, why can't you implement crossfade?  The code has adready been implemented on Web, apple pc, iphone, windows pc, android so why can't you port this to Spotify Connect...  Is there a difference in the Connect programming framework that requires programmers from Los Alamos National Laboratory?

I have another party coming up and am not looking forward the that annoying gap between songs during the peak of the party...  

Do any community memebers have a solution that has crossfade?  Alternatives..

nicoboucher73

So, Spotify has answered "Not right Now''... after two and a half years of kudos for this idea, this is what they say??

This will never happen! PEOPLE!! DONT WASTE YOUR TIME SUGGESTING STUFF, THEY DON'T CARE!!!

Here's what Spotify just wrote:

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

Thanks

cnotk23

Bump for fix. 

Fever905

This worked with Sonos up until the Sonos 10.4 update.  They're saying this issue is on your end on not theirs.  Spotify is the one who will lose customers because of this as Crossfade works with other services such as Amazon music.

Rstristany

It’s been years and this is still not an option. Why? Obviously enough of the paid premium subscribers want this. 

MichaelSSwenson

Not right now?! Are you kidding me? This is the biggest no brainer fix for your app! In fact if this isn’t added soon; I’m canceling my premium family membership and taking my business else where. SO dumb Fix this now!