Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Multiple Speakers / Devices simultaneously

Now that connect is becoming available it would be nice to be able to connect to multiple outputs at the same time. For example I have 2 connect compatable speakers... it'd be great to have these in different parts of my house and be able to stream the same music to both.

I would suggest a maximum of 3 devices at the same time. This will allow for most scenarios to be catered for without streatching the bandwidth too much that it will degrade quality.

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
TZRick

I like to play Spotify on my Android phone while at work.  With the kids home, they like to play Spotify on our Samsung smart TV using my account (they're too young for their own accounts).  We listen to the same songs and we have the Family plan with only two accounts of the four available used (myself and my wife).  Would really like to be able to stream to multiple devices at once.  It can be the same stream or multiple, in case we decide to listen to separate content on the future.

EDIT: **bleep**...I just realized this thread is open since 2014!!!  My youngest wasn't even born then!  This is ridiculous Spotify.  Are you really trying to get people to leave??

RayG99

Just match teh functionality available in iTunes and iTunes Remote app for this.  One of the only things that apple got right in those apps.  

MRMASTERBLASTER

Need this very much.

Have one office with two separate hifi systems. Want to play songs over both amplifiers. Must be synced perfectly.

Shoutcast from 20 years ago was doing this perfectly fine. You could start a radio station, tune in yourself and others tune in also and have it synced.

So technology from 20 years ago seems too hard to grasp for the Spotify developers. Yes you. You suck. Get to work.

jorgen_k

Please Spotify, it is high time to update this to "will come in a future release". It is such a killer app! And combine it with the feature for team streaming. It will be awesome!!!

moKing

It's falling on deaf ears mate, not even a response here and I've paid for 5 years. Amazon it is

moKing

Not right now 3 years ago, no response, not good enough.

Dwhet

This is such a popular idea and makes so much sense why hasnt Spotify or Apple made it possible?  Sonos has been doing it for almost a decade… I think it has to be two things, one Sonos owns the intellectual property rights to the technology or patent or Sonos is paying off these companies to not release the feature because it would immediately make the company go under.  No one buys Sonos’ overpriced speakers because they are so much better quality, (because they aren’t) they literally only pay too much money for these speakers for this feature to be able to stream to multiple devices and rooms and for this function alone.  If Spotify and Apple Allowed users to stream to multiple devices Sonos would be rendered obsolete so they have to have a hand in this in some way.  It’s such an obvious feature and the developers could tackle this yesterday if they wanted to.  The demand is there, we just have to wait for the Sonos patent to expire or for one of these big companies to buy them out.  It’s rediculous that this feature isn’t available to the masses. I guarantee this feature is common place in China and every other tech advanced country.  Can Anyone out there confirm this?

Erikwik

The need for this feature has definitely increased, and it must be in Spotify’s interest to allow users to have more then one brand of speakers! I have a mix of Google and other products. Come on Spotify!

Connect with stereo pairing would be nice. I have a pair of Cabasse active speakers and it's a pain to stereo pair them. If I could do it from the Spotify app rather then the Cabasse app would be a great improvement.

Mihail
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2021-08-21

Hey everyone,

This idea has been set to Not Right Now for quite a while now, so we discussed it again internally as part of our review process and wanted to chime in with an update.

We definitely understand that this is a popular request, look at those votes, wow! This idea has been looked into thoroughly on multiple occasions and while we really would love to do this, due to the complexity it isn't in our timeline at the moment. As a result, we'd like to be clear that this won't be implemented in the near future and will set the idea's Status to closed for now.

This isn't the end though! We set ideas as closed to set expectations and be transparent on our near-term plans. A closed idea can always get reopened, be reconsidered or be right-out implemented. We believe maintaining a tidier list will improve the overview for everyone and improve visibility on what to and not to expect.

We'll keep revisiting this on regular intervals and if we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new Status.

Thank you and keep your feedback and ideas coming!