Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Option to deactivate Spotify Connect

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. 🙂

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
Soffan

I would like Spotify to play the song I choose on the device I click on and not the one already playing. For example, if I click on a song on my phone (and Ipad is running Spotify already with a song) the song starts on the iPad and not my phone. I would want it to start on the device I use. In this case, my phone. You can choose another device afterwards but I think it's so much more logical to do it before or it chooses automatically depending on the device I click on.

furinkan

**bleep**ing **bleep** just make it an option, this annoys me SO MUCH. Today I learnt it wasn't just me, and that this has been an ongoing sore point for OVER EIGHT YEARS. 🎉🎂🎉🎂🎉

Just another reason to think about cancelling the plan for something else, but you know I won't do it so you won't care anyway.

Yordan
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

harvasyuk

Very often Spotify Connect works like sh... It doesn't work half of the time. At least when using Spotify on Windows-Android devices.

• Sometimes now playing screen disappears in Android app after a few minutes of Windows app inactivity.
  • Sometimes music just stops playing when switching playback from one device to another.
  • Sometimes playing queue and currently playing song disappear on both devices during switching playback.

Spotify Connect has been broken for at least last three years that I'm using this streaming service and it's been very annoying.

So please, if you cannot fix it, consider adding a toggle for both desktop and mobile apps to disable Spotify Connect.

foop123

truly this is very annoying

Risanoch
So I have the same Spotify account logged in across my phone, my laptop, and my tablet. So, whenever I play an album or a song on any one of these devices, it automatically updates on all the other devices as well.

But I don't want that. I want to be able to control whether each device will play their own songs or not. If I find a great playlist on my tablet, and I'm playing it on Alexa or something, I want to continue that, and my phone should play whatever it was playing before I selected this playlist on my tablet.

So, any idea how to unsync Spotify across devices?
Spotify starts playing on my phone when I listen to Spotify on my computer - I can also control volume and whether the song is playing from my phone. I know this is supposed to be a useful feature, but I DON'T WANT THIS!!! It never used to do it, and I would like to return my Spotify account being separate on my computer and phone, as my phone battery is being drained whilst I listen on my computer.

I've tried forgetting my phone via my computer, but all that does is sign me out of Spotify on my phone. I've turned off Spotify Connect in the background via settings, but it still keeps playing. Please help, if I can't fix this it's going to impact how I work and my phone battery.
ancient_void

Really annoying when I start playing music and it plays in my roommate's room (while they're trying to sleep). you know, instead of playing on the on the computer I'm on through the headphones connected to it. so sick of companies trying to "predict" what I want. just give us the setting.

rdnt

When I switch output from my Windows PC to my Android and vice versa, if I have my Google Pixel Buds paired to both, Spotify will switch the playback to the new target, but it will see my headphones disconnecting from my PC and pause the music, and then I have to manually click play. I would consider this a bug.

Gqldor

Plan

Premium

Country

Argentina

Device

A34

Operating System

Android 13, One UI 5.1

My Question or Issue

Hello, as far as I can see, Spotify Connect has became a very controversial addition to the app and I need help with it. Here the situation:
Every time I start playing music on my Desktop (Windows 10), Spotify appears on my phone and overtakes my media output controls, so if I try to higher or lower my Phone's volume, it instead changes Spotify's volume. I have tried every solution I could find but non worked.
In my desktop, spotify says my phone device is linked when, in my phone, spotify is not even open. I tried to force shutdown, didnt work either.
Can't I just turn off Connect all together?