Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Option to deactivate Spotify Connect

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. 🙂

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
tonyb

"Swanny on ‎02-04-2014 11:10 AM

Cot

I actually run in to this problem when my fiance got a smartphone Samsung Galaxy S5. Knoww when she lissens music with spotify i get these notifications on my Zte Apex2 and Galaxy tab2. Also sometimes she accidentally press songs so that they start to sing on my phone and it can be really akward if im in a meeting and my phones starts to ring Lilly Allen´s Its hard out here for a **bleep**.. Please make this connect as an option!

MattOC

Like other people have said would be great if you can turn this off, am having same issues as other such as getting notifications on my phone when my wife is playing music on her phone. 

Mossangul

An "off option" would be a great thing. This thing is driving me crazy!

Fuzzy_Dunlop88

Honestly how difficult can it be to add an off button?

I'm using an old phone temporarily and the same problem is happening to it's not the phone that's causing the issues

pacsmann

Same issues as everyopne else. Fairly identical situation as   Chemswede . This is a serious usability issue and is significantly lowering my user experience. I can only see one good use for "remote controlling" in this manner, but loads of unwanted effects. I can't imagine how this  got accepted into development without an off button. In my opinion someone dropped the ball and I see I'm not the only one.

EarlPurple

The funny thing is that Connect already appears under your User Preferences but doesn't give you any user preference...

petebrowndesign

Just wanted to chime in as well and say that my Spotify experience is being negatively affected by Connect as well. Please add the option to disable it.

MrDelicious

Joining the choir. I use Spotify with my phone or on my desktop computer, I don't need any kind of connection between the two, I'm using them completely independently. Previously starting playback on one device just paused the other, PLEASE go back to that.

Séb

+1 with everybody !