Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Airplay for the Desktop Version

I would love to have Airplay built in the app itself, so I don't need another program such as Airfoil.

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is on the Newsroom blog for updates about any such partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas!

Comments
Kalmora

A good idea since six years, and no progress. Thanks Spotifdy for paying you 10 € per month.

Neidaram

Yes please!  This is the biggest non-feature that's holding me back from fully committing to Spotify.  I have a whole-house audio system built on an iTunes / Airport Express / Apple TV structure.  I can control the whole system from my PC, my Macbook, or my iOS device.  Sadly, I can't do the same for Spotify.  Please include this feature in a future incarnation of the desktop app!  Thanks!

ardacebi

Would be awesome 🙂

nutcasey

Hello, is there any update on this at all?

Neidaram

I've cancelled my Spotify Premium subscription -- I just don't use it since it doesn't have AirPlay on the desktop app.  If that feature ever gets added, I'll be happy to re-subscribe.

nutcasey

Still nothing?

TomLegend
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is on the Newsroom blog for updates about any such partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas!

speelurker

It looks like this might actually be an Apple problem because AirPlay 2 is not available under macOS for switching the system audio output. It's AirPlay 1 only.

I figured out a good work around:

1. Start Spotify on an iOS Device.

2. Use AirPlay 2 to connect to your AirPlay 2 speakers.

3. Use the Desktop Spotify to remote control your iOS Spotify.

This will work reliably while Spotify continues running on the iOS device. If you pause it for a while, get a call, etc. - basically anything that might sleep/exit the Spotify app - you'll need to go through the same process above again.

Stevie_Wonder

Hello

There is AirPlay available in the App but not on the Desktop version 

Also In the App l can group my two speakers 

It would be good if l could do this on the Desktop 

cha1ngrainbows

Just bumping this.