Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] Show the queue length

It would be nice to have a running sum of the length of all songs in your queue. Updates as each song gets played and removed.

Updated on 2023-03-31

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
MihailY
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2023-03-23

Hello @JazzyJfromtheUSA,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea

once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

imark123440542

This is something that would also be nice for playlists. Something like you have 100 songs that will last 3 1/2 hours and I'm realizing this is another one of those features that iTunes sort of standardized on the status bar a design element that for the safety of all mankind has been removed to save us....

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2023-03-31

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

m_sawyer

This would be such a cool power user feature! 💪 There can be a simple timer/timestamp next to Next in Queue

cxxx

when queueing multiple songs on spotify, it would be nice if it displayed the total combined time of all songs queued, like it does for playlists. 

ztaylor4

I have been wanting this for so long.  I want to make playlists for particular timed activities, and this would really help!

Al136

As a user, I like to create ad hoc queues rather than use playlists.

One inconvenience of that system is I can never gauge the time of music I have queued up before it goes back to the Spotify-generated queue.

I'm proposing to add in the queue activity a way to check the time length of the queue.

Thank you for your consideration!

Jose_M
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2023-07-09

Hello @Al136!

Thanks for bringing your ideas to the Community. However, something similar has already been suggested here. Make sure to add your votes and comments there to show your support. I'll mark your post as "Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements", as one of the Ideas Guidelines is not posting duplicates.

You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂

pabo

Tell the duration of all songs queued. If i queue an hours worth of songs display that and update as the queue gets shorter.

Bimch

Would be amazing to be able to keep track of queue length so you can craft the perfect  soundtrack for your 30 minute commute or 1hr workout. Long car journey? Let us add an hour of singalong bangers at the end and know we’ll arrive just as the last tune finishes!

Super simple UI improvement that myself and I'm sure many others would find super useful. There is plenty of room for the text on the queue screen (see attached picture) 

Thanks!

8752313C-DA4E-43C7-99BB-41131F21C4B2.jpg