Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Discover] new release button

What i want to suggest here it's pretty simple:

I found myself using and spend a lot of time with Spotify app on my desktop pc, in my case it's Mac mini but vailed for regular Windows pc.

sometimes it's nice to follow up on new releases before Friday and listen to them.

What i want to see here?

same button that already appears on the mobile app. (bell button)

Platforms:

Desktop - Mac and Windows

PSB example from my Iphone app 

IMG_C375A097AF95.png

Updated on 2023-09-20

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that the New Releases button is now available on Desktop 🙂

download.png

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Cheers.

Comments
vaajy

I think they just want to see Mobile apps profitable.

I mean most consumers spend their time on phone nowadays. It's nothing new when Spotify wants to serve the masses. I, on the other hand just like you, listen music most of the times on computer. I'd even rather have half the price Unlimited plan which they served long ago. Basically Half Premium model Half The Price. Free sound and no limits.

No ads. My subscription ended 1.4.22 and I am glad to do this.

Free sound is really enough for me and there is reasonable amount of short ads.

Thank you for the free music. I hope they will add this bell to laptop.

thechow

Why? Surely it's already implemented? I am 50% mobile, 50% desktop and the desktop is crippled because of this. 

And why do the two apps display liked songs in different orders?

I love Spotify but sometimes I wish for a real alternative! 

Olivier_Bartoli

The bell icon idea is amazing, but it should be implemented for desktop!!

As someone who digs pretty regularly on Spotify and follows 1000+ artists, the fact that I can just go through every single latest release every week is rewarding, but is also extremely laborious right now. I have to go onto my phone and queue every single EP/LP individually, leading to endless scrolling - especially now with one of the latest updates making each release take more space within the list, which I think is fine for the casual bell icon user - but for someone that relies on the bell each week to know about what new music there is out there, it's not sustainable for me to be having to look back onto my phone all the time just to play the next release. If it was on desktop, the process would be much more efficient and less of a pain:

- would be able to play new music on the same laptop I'm working on

- a bigger display would mean I would have a better idea of how much music there is to go through, and can also queue easier

- if I'm falling behind in the releases, I can easily press shift and select a bulk of songs to put into a playlist that I can listen back to later

Mattiecakes

How do we get this idea opened back up on the Idea Exchange? The only reason you didn't get more "kudos" for this issue is that Desktop-exclusive users have no idea that this feature exists in order to ask for it. They just figure Release Radar is the best Spotify can do. Honestly - Apple Music has you beat on staying in the know about what new releases are dropping for your favorite artists. This feature is especially helpful for knowing when an entire ALBUM drops as opposed to just a single, which has always been a bungled distinction via Spotify.

Jorenzo

Why is this issue closed? Can't vote on it anymore. It's not like its suddenly not relevant anymore. No parity between apps is what makes the overall experience terrible.

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2022-06-24

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

vaajy

I still can not understand why few features are not equivalent on apps.

I need bell icon to the Windows as I am computer nerd. I follow about thousand artist and there is so slow on mobile to search music with this bell. Let me use my computer and mouse to check new releases super quick. We are paying, for it 🙂 Maybe for Christmas...

saratoh

This is absolutely necessary. I can find easily the new releases on the artist that I follow using the bell notification but quite hard to navigate on the desktop app. Please add this feature to Spotify desktop

AdamDam

I think this is a great idea! I use the desktop app most of the time as well, but I check the mobile app’s “bell icon” just about every day to see if there are any new releases by artists that I like. It would be awesome if this feature was added for the desktop app, too!

jessica_wonderz

I really love the section What's new and would love to be able to use in on PC. I use both windows and mac. Thumbs up!