Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Equalizer for the Desktop Version

There should be an Equalizer for the Desktop version of Spotify.

EQ1.png

Since Spotify's mobile apps now have an EQ setting, this should be implemented on the desktop version, too!
The EQ should come with various presets but also the ability to save your own custom settings.

Updated on 2022-08-10

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that the Equalizer option is now available on desktop - and is gradually rolling out to all users over the next week. You will be able to play around and customize the sound of your music for a better listening experience by toggling your Equalizer on your computers.

Elena_1-1660143850905.png

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
randysmith8

Seems like there is no Spotify equalizer for pc, but there are still another ways of using Spotify Equalizers on other devices, maybe you can try it!

LeoRager
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2018-02-25

Hi!

My bad, I didn't notice I was editing the wrong idea!

Marked it back as Case closed!

I'm sorry!
/L

LeoRager
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2018-02-25

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2018-03-13

Update from 2017-08

Hey Folks!

Thanks to everyone for their contribution to this thread. We really appreciate it. In the interest of full disclosure, we’d like to share with you the status of this request.

After serious consideration, we’ve decided not to introduce an equalizer for the Desktop app at this time. As a result, we’ve marked this idea as Case Closed.

Although we appreciate many of you here would like to see an equalizer on the Desktop app, they are in fact used by a very small subset of listeners overall. We’ve therefore decided to focus our immediate attention and resources on features that have higher engagement at this time.

We may reassess this decision in the future. But, for now, we just wanted to keep everyone in the loop. Rest assured we’re constantly working to implement feature requests you make via the Ideas Exchange.

Thanks for understanding, and please keep those ideas and requests coming! Together we can make Spotify the best it can be.
Aleks_Spacca

Any and every pro musician can't live without an eq, but Spotify doesn't need a PC EQ because new listeners can tweek a bad song into sounding awesome -- and this would cause them to spend money on a band they don't want. Comercial mind wimp failure!

Duda

It's not solved when there is just lack of the feature and you are saying that it's won't be implemented. What a freaking excuse...

downtownmtb

So it's been three years, any EQ yet on the desktop version?

2qi_ic-1kh5om

You are expecting too much

NewAgeSoldier

But, it should be an equalizer, to get what we want out of our taste of music, thats the only way we like music.... not that we can just download a 3rd party software to make the music much better of course

ethanoll

Why hasn't such a common feature been added to the desktop version of Spotify? For a service I pay to hear good music from, I'm very disappointed. 

No, I'm not about to pay for another equalizer to do such a simple job, and no, I cannot use the windows equalizer. I just want better sounding music for bad headphones.