Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Import iTunes Playlists

It was such a good feature that made Spotify complete. I is so easy that you could import the playlists and don't have to use 2 different applications. Best of both worlds.

Spotify does not give an explanation or reason why they disabled it and tells me to share it with the community.

Do we really have to quit Spotify and go to Apple Music for this??

It seems you need a lot of likes so please vote a lot!! Thank You

Jan DC

Updated on 2021-06-07

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
PGOD

Import playlists so simple so useful and no longer available? Why?

JanDC

Thx I really don't know how to get them realize that is a plus to have this feature and a bad idea to have suspended it... 

Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2018-06-25

Marked as new idea.

Hi

Why don't you use itunes2spotify, which is a software to import playlists from apple music to spotify, you have to pay a reasonable price (less than 7 dollars) and the developer will send you a mail to give you unlimited number of songs to import after your purchase.

Pd: Completely different from the Stamp app and its overpriced functions.

Hope it helps

JanDC

Thank you for the info, I wil definitely try it out. 

klmgeek

Not to mention they keep marking posts as duplicates to a post that has been marked inactive. They need to bring this back or I will not renew my subscription. 

karmacreator

I wisshhhh!!

JanDC
Thanks for the info, when I have some time I will try to install and
register for it.

Greetz Jan De Croock

wwwsurfer

I'm a spotify member only for a few months now and have a lot of itunes playlists I would like to import to spotify (of course). I'm surprised its not a regular feature!?!? Some querrells between itunes and spotify perhaps? Looking forward to having this feature in spotify.

Neidaram

Yes please!  This is another hindrance keeping me in the iTunes / Apple Music universe, and keeping me from further adopting Spotify.  I've spent years curating my iTunes playlists, and I would love to just seamlessly import them into Spotify and keep on listening.  The thought of manually rebuilding my playlists is enough to keep me entrenched in Apple Music.  Thank you for your consideration.  🙂