Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Mac Widget

There used to be a mini player you could minimize spotify to on desktop that disappeared a few years ago - can you bring that back?

Updated on 2024-03-29

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that the Mini player feature is now available on Desktop. There's more info here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community 😎

Comments
Guido
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-01-03

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

gelbma0991

I wonder if spotify will take into account the thousands of votes on a similar closed topic?

I'm literally trying to work right now and all I want to be able to do is see what is playing so I can either skip or not?! I keep having to switch windows, which is reducing my productivity!

Sure even just having a 'now playing' line on the dock menu would be helpful?

(I still think it's ridiculous that there's a 10k limit on liked songs as well. Just throwing that out there since I'm nearing over 10 years of spotify use and I'm reaching my limit of liked songs. I don't have time to be going through and deciding if I want to keep or delete songs!! )

christianmoore

With Big Sur's new widget this would be great to have a 'Now Playing' and simple controls

jawads

Yes please, need this. 

version_13

Need this soooo much.

ClintonAClarke

The Mac was able to handle this in regular 'media is playing' widget before Big Sir, and now I can't quickly access it anymore 😞 There is also no Music widget.

Jacob
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-05-20

Your suggestion has at least 180 votes! Keep gathering votes. If this idea gets enough votes, Spotify will check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Mihail
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-04

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

qoro

Screenshot 2021-07-09 at 11.38.57.pngWhy not just use this widget for simple controls, I don't get it. (Maybe it doesn't work with Spotify?) It would be nice to see a similar widget to iOS though. Even Apple Music doesn't have one on Mac OS, but it has it on iOS.

soularwind7

Please make this widget feature available for Apple desktops. It would increase my ease and productivity while working from home. A small rectangle approximately 1 x 4" would be ideal. Featuring control buttons (play/pause/ff/rw/shuffle/repeat), and a display for "now playing/song title". If there were a way to drop songs into custom playlists from the widget, that would be supreme!! I have cultivated over 100 playlists, so l appreciate Spotify's efforts to make this as quick and easy as possible. It would be awesome to select "add to playlist" and have a checkbox list of ALL playlists to add that song to. Currently, you have to add the song to each playlist one at a time. Thanks for listening and considering this request and my ideas. Love my Spotify!