Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Podcasts] Sort by Unplayed/Recently Updated

Currently, the only way to listen to unplayed podcasts on desktop is to open a phone and check the feed there, or check every podcast individually for new content. That's 100% unacceptable, and has been for years.

Give us a podcast view that we can sort / filter by unplayed episodes or recent uploads. If you want to be the industry leader in streaming, you can't ignore table-stakes functionality because of "100 kudos" horsesh*t.

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
FelipeHorn

This feature request was made in 2019 !!!!!!!!!!! Two years later and none of this has been done.... unbelievable, inadmissible.... Where are the UX of this company???

jnebo

About once a week a desktop update will drop - and I immediately apply the mysterious, overly complicated named update which never bothers to show release notes.

Re-launch app. Gaze at the carosel re-arrangement (for no apparent reason) and marvel that they've shimmed in even more machine learning. Scroll through topics like, "Ode to Earth: Climate solutions" (wth?) and endless permutations of what their system hopes I might like. All that machine learning and it won't open the app directly to the most used part of the interface I stay in 99% of the time.

Can I now see podcasts by release date? No. Can I turn off all the silly suggestions? No.

Maarthy

So, I can finally see the new episodes. However, when I click on SEE ALL, it only shows 14 episodes. Hmmm... please, can I see WAY more than that? I can keep on scrolling down the list of released episodes in the mobile app as much as I want.
It is still not great, but at least it exists. However, I still think the podcasts should have their own mobile/desktop app.

I feel like I should be thankful or something, but I honestly feel baffled that someone finally decided to listen to user's complaints after a few years.

Maarthy_0-1623147470919.png

FlorisS94

So odd that this hasn't been added yet. It's such a basic but vital functionality. 

IceDragoneu

pls pls pls bring this feature.

The "Your Episods" (Deine Folgen) thing is not a good workaroud - it should be filled automaticly.

AND it should be playable from buttom to top (old episods first)

DocEndstufe

Why is this not integrated?! It is a fundamental feature.

Mario
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

user0101

I can't fathom that this hasn't been implemented yet. Not only do you have it already implemented in your mobile app but this is more or less the equivalent of an "order by Episode.ReleasedAt" statement in your database query and hooking it up to an already existing UI selector. Always opening up my phone here to see what's new to then select it on the desktop app, come on people!

Avihu

@user0101 wrote:

I can't fathom that this hasn't been implemented yet. Not only do you have it already implemented in your mobile app but this is more or less the equivalent of an "order by Episode.ReleasedAt" statement in your database query and hooking it up to an already existing UI selector. Always opening up my phone here to see what's new to then select it on the desktop app, come on people!

Moreover as Maarthy showed, Recent Episodes is already appearing sporadically in the desktop app's home-page.

Just make it accessible for everyone, like the "Your Episodes" button that was implemented recently. 

This isn't much work for the devs! cmon already Spotify!

d-musik

Yeah, this is the type of thing that will push some users to another platform. Absolutely ridiculus!