Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Social] Enable Group Session on Desktop

Group Session was recently added to Spotify and it seems like a wonderful feature so far. Unfortunately, it is only available on mobile and tablet so those of us who primarily use the desktop app cannot use it. Please include desktop users in the party!

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 8.32.26 AM.png

I greatly prefer the experience and UI on the desktop app and I believe it is better suited for adding songs to a queue (as you do in group session).

Updated on 2024-03-18

Hi there folks,

We're happy to let you all know that this feature has now been Implemented! You can find all the details on the topic in this announcement post. You're welcome to post your thoughts and feedback there as well.

Cheers!

Comments
TimeIsDemise

Discord has this. the API supports it, and they're doing it other places. This is just Spotify being lame

MarkosH-EST

Three years later and we can't suggest this anymore because this already has the necessary votes needed, BUT still nothing has happend to the desktop version... RELEASE IT ALREADY OR ATLEAST IN BETA

NZKr4zyK1w1

So uhh, whats happening?

Tungdil

That fact that this rather massive feature is still after all these years disabled on the desktop app is behond horrible..

If you're supporting it on one platform make sure it works on all of them.

Having to go on my phone, create a sessions, invite friends through my phone and than swap to desktop is a horrible UX.

SergeantS

they have time for 28 useless redesigns but cant enable this basic feature for desktop in 3 years **bleep**

OskarAndersson

Lucky for us, they develop their software using the Spotify model with small teams of vertically integrated experts allowing in situ component upgrades of new features, so we probably had this 2 years ago, in a timeline where they gave a f$ck... 

It is one of these things where, they must have some reason for not implementing this on desktop, but they are not communicating and we are all left feeling baffled and outraged that they would fail to do this obvious thing for years now, when having it on mobile app. 

So staff, speak up or fix this... Or accept that you are sub par at software development.

MattSuda

Good news! Jam (previously known as Group Session) is now available in the desktop app! 🥳 🖥️ 💻

Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app.

Jam is now rolling out to Premium users using the desktop app. Free users can join an in person Jam using the mobile app.

To see how to use Jam and post your feedback about Jam and the Queue sidebar in the desktop app, please check out the main post:

Desktop: Jam now available

Desktop: Jam now available

Joan
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2024-03-18

Hi there folks,

We're happy to let you all know that this feature has now been Implemented! You can find all the details on the topic in this announcement post. You're welcome to post your thoughts and feedback there as well.

Cheers!