Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Delete Songs from Account History

There should be a way for me to control my history of songs played. Sometimes I accidentally play things I don't want to hear or I try listening to songs I don't like. I should be able to remove them from my history so that my stats are accurate for song and music suggestions. 

Also....My account was hacked and someone played music I would never listen to. I can't delete those songs from my history. I can only remove them from my recently played section. I DON'T LIKE THAT!

I tried to ask a customer service agent to delete the songs, but they said it couldn't be done. Wow! Move to the 21st century, Spotify, and give your customers some more control. Sheesh!

Updated on 2020-05-04

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
Katerina
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-12-05

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea - we've also edited slightly the title of your idea to make your suggestion more clear to other users.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

friendshap

I do musical theatre and will often listen to songs over and over again to learn the lyrics and parts. However, I don't neccessarily "like" these songs as a personal preference. If I could delete the plays from my history, or mark them as "learning", Spotify might be able to better cater my discover playlists to fit what I actually like.

I'm totally behind that!

And delete unwanted Daily Mixes too! Which are results of everything we listen to.

Tanja72

I totally agree with this idea!

Now Spotify has created a list of my favorite songs and artist of 2019. The number 1 is something I’ve NEVER heard before. How is that possible??
It would be really good to be able to clean your play history every now and then.

holdendmcg

I second this so hard. Someone also used my account to listen to music without my knowledge, and they did it so much that a band that I don't even really like and have never even saved a single song from is in my top 3. My second most listened to genre is one I don't even like. My 2019 top songs list is like 30% songs I've never even listened to. First of all, likes should count WAY MORE than listens for suggestions, and you should be able to wipe songs from your play history. Like how long is it gonna take for Spotify to recognize that I don't like that music?

Thanks guys!

It’s 2019 and Spotify still keeps us slave to their algorithms.

This is so annoying and I’m considering trying iTunes’ free three-month trial to see if there’s an interface difference.

Sometimes I don’t even risk listening to something I don’t know in case it’s not really my taste and I end up with another unwanted Daily Mix.

suprafer

YES, totally. We should definitely be able to select what music we want or don't want to affect our suggestions.

For example, I use Lo-Fi Beats to study, and now my 2019 Top Songs playlists shows a lot of those songs and marks Lo-Fi as the genre I like the most (which is not the case).

Check this thread because it's quite similar to your idea. However Spotify doesn't seem to be listening to this request.

cbzen
1Azure

hello i would like it to be able to control what music gets put in my selections also i play sleep music a lot but i dont want all them in my favorites or influence my daytime selections and your AI giving all those to listen to and not what i want when im awake so put a logarithm switch please its getting to be a fight to find what i like