Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] Find public Playlists that contain Song/Artist

My theory (not rocket science):

If someone else's playlist includes a song or artists that I like, there is a good change that I will enjoy the rest of their playlist. 

Currently, you can only search for public playlists via playlist name.  Considering that most people do not name their playlists to accurately reflect the type of music it contains, I believe that the current search functionality is quite limited. 

Spotify should have functionality to search for public playlists that contain a song/artist.  I think would be immensly helpful for music discovery.  

Best of luck, 

Ryan

P.S. - Down the line, it would be interesting to see "similarity scores" between two playlists.  Could be quite interesting for finding new music.  

Updated on 2019-10-31

Hey folks.

Thanks again for all your votes and comments.
We're still keeping an eye on this idea, but at this time we don't have an update.

Comments
Maja13

When you are in a mood, so you want to hear a certain song. Then, it would be nice to see some/ the top playlists it is added to. This way, you can find several songs with the same vibe.

This is a great idea. Would appreciate an update from Spotify.

proileri

Yes. Make it "playlists featuring this song" in the song menu. 

Artists have "discovered on" in the about section, but this sucks as it usually shows top 5 playlists and those always are "current hits top 50" and not same genre/style. 

haddeach

SO annoying. I am listening to a Playlist and I want to remove this specific song.

there is no "go to playlist" anymore.

I understand you want us to add song and not to remove songs, but this is hugely against User Experience principles

pleazetsky

When will this ever be implemented... it's been 84 years. Too bad because it would be a breakthrough feature. Imagine how many more people wluld actually discover more songs with Spotify.

renatovaladao

Spotify can suggest to you songs that are similar to the song that you're listening, or the playlist that you are listening. I have no idea if someone suggested this, but I didn't find any topic about this. Sometimes I find a song that e really like, and i wanna hear a playlist that contains that song (because there's a high chance that the playlist have more songs that I'll enjoy) but if you search the name of the song on the search bar you'll find song with that name or similar names, but not playlists that contains that song. Is that possible to make?

Thank you and sorry about my english.

MohamedB23

Select songs to find playlists that consist of, but not limited to, the songs you selected.

cosminmarin

Spotify already uses its own algorithm to "suggest" new songs, based on your existing likes and private/public playlists in your library. I am guessing this is how Spotify automatically plays more songs when my playlist has finished. However, I would like to see a feature through which I can search in other public lists one particular song of mine that I like most. I bet by allowing this search I might discover people with similar taste and increase my chances of discovering also the best of what I LIKE out there, not the best of what the ALGORITHM suggests for me. 

avemihi

This would be incredibly useful. I believe Grooveshark used to have this feature.