Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover Weekly] Like & Dislike Buttons

While discovering new music is of course full of adventure and wonder when you find music you've never heard of, especially when you fall in love.
The spotify personalized discover weekly playlists was a phenomenal idea and so far I'm loving my playlist. But there's a song on there I KNOW I don't like, and I wish I could ban that artist from ever showing up again.
If developers added a like or dislike button, or even a ban artist feature, it would make discovering music more personalized. If you know you don't ever want to discover another Kenny Chesney song ever again, you should be able to voice that. If you like discovering a certain kind of song, that "like" should be heard so you can discover more of it. I'm looking forward to my next playlist, I just wish it was more "personalized".

Updated on 2018-07-03

Hey,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to announce that Like & Dislike Buttons have now been made available for Discover Weekly.
Be sure you're on the latest version of Spotify to get rocking with any updates.

Thanks!

Comments
skarb

It would be good to include this not only because of our wishes but also because our kids listen to those songs. Some songs are marked as explicit because if a single swear word, others (such as Kanye West are offensive on so many levels that it’s easier to say what’s good about them). I do t want to exclude ALL explicit songs. I just don’t want to listen to any idiots. I’d report it as an offensive but you threaten me with the cancellation of the account, so I hesitate. I know that artist should are paying you for promoting their albums but we do pay you as well. Any chance of a breakthrough in this case? 

ledrobster

I read that this feature has been implemented, but I certainly cannot find a way to dislike a song on my Discover Weekly.  I'm using the Ubuntu client, 1.0.80.480.g51b03ac3

This is very frustrating so I wonder if this feature has not been rolled out to Ubuntu yet.  If not, when can we expect it?

Discover Weekly is wonderful BTW.  Just need a way to keep certain annoying songs from cropping up week after week.

Melody
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2018-07-03

Hey,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to announce that Like & Dislike Buttons have now been made available for Discover Weekly.
Be sure you're on the latest version of Spotify to get rocking with any updates.

Thanks!