Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] CURIOUS TO HEAR WHAT PERSON NEXT TO YOU LISTENING TO? Music Sharing

Hello,

Just imagine a situation:

You are sitting in the bus. And listening to your favourite music on headphones. When you notice a cute person who is sitting in the bus too, and really enjoying the music, while shaking head with the beat. So curious.. WHAT SHE/HE IS LISTENING TO?!
How to know that? You take your phone from your pocket and open spotify app. There you see everyperson in 50m radius who is using Spotify and shares their music. And you see that she is listening for A-HA - TAKE ON MEE!. You connect to her music and listen to this song also. And when the bus stops, you leave it and say to her/him: ARE YOU PLANNING TO GO TO A-HA CONCERT THIS SUMMER? I LOVE THIS SONG TOO.
And you live happily ever after ❤️
THE END (Or maybe just a beginning 🙂
___

So, the thing is : a possibility to look for surrounding spotify users and see what they are listening. A possibility to connect to their song. A possibility to turn ON or turn OFF music sharing (maybe you would like a private moment, and dont want to see everyone listening for your "shame songs" haha!

I personally really really often pass a person with headphones and am very very curious, what they are listening to that moment.

LIKE THIS IDEA? PLEASE VOTE UP AND LETS CREATE EVEN BETTER, CONNECTED SPOTIFY COMMUNITY 

Cheers,
Arturas from Lithuania

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
Hilakravtsov

Would like to have the ability to see people near me who liked a song that I’m listening to,

For people who give such a big part for music and want to know who near them listens to the same music.

CAN-

Hello there,

I'm Mehmetcan MEHRI from Turkey. I'm a Spotify user.
I want to share with you an idea that came to my mind.

It can be a nice feeling to know what people we like in the same environment are listening to while listening to music with their headphones. My project is: While listening to music on Spotify with a Bluetooth headset, I can make someone who is not added as a friend on Spotify, whose name I do not know, but who is within the scope of bluetooth, to see the music I am listening to, by clicking the "Show everyone the music I am listening to" button.
In this way, with the music application, it can be a multi-purpose application that guides those who express their feelings with music, to establish bonds between people by reaching more users.
It would be nice if the "Show Everyone I'm Listening to the Music" button is active or passive, and it will be left to the users' own demands.

I'm curious about your ideas on this subject and the status of my project.

Waiting for your positive feedback, I wish you a good work.
Kind regards

Mehmetcan Mehri

rebeccalindsay

Have a sharing feature where users can share what they are listening to with people nearby. This can be shared with people in a 10 ft radius, 20 ft radius, or any amount! You can share with friends or strangers nearby! I am a college student and when I wait for the bus with other students, I always want to know what they are listening to! I would love to share what I am listening to as well. I think it's a great way for people to connect and find others who share common music tastes. 

CikaJovaZmaj

The idea is simple. You would have 2 options. Enable/disable eavesdropping and enable/disable to be eavesdropped.

If you enable eavesdropping, you will be able to eavesdrop all devices nearby that have their device enabled to be eavesdropped and you can see what they listen at the moment. Imagine how many different songs would you be able to hear that other people listen to? Ultimate source of new songs. From heavy metal from that guy with the military bombers and a leather jacket, to some new rap music from that guy that acts all cool in the bus. Possibilities are endless. 

Novy
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2022-01-18

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

mphoa

This would be a cool way to discover music.

mandaroo62

This is such a cool idea! Would be nice to have this work with podcasts too. If this idea is implemented, I would suggest having a constant indication if this mode is turned on (kind of like how the Private Session is indicated at the bottom of the mobile app). I personally wouldn't want to forget if I left the Eavesdrop mode on and was in a situation where I didn't want other people to listen to what I'm listening to lol.

Olivia191

This is a great idea! I feel like it could work in unity with the private session, so if someone has a private session you wouldn’t be able to do this but otherwise you could. Adds a little privacy to those who want it.

Oxyhemoglobin

This seems like a really good idea and a great way to discover new music or even make new friends! I would love to see this implemented

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2022-02-01

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.