Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Enhance search options

I'm always trying to find new music or new artists, and it would be great if there was a way to enhance your search experience by adding additional search parameters. Below are a few off the time of my mind...

- # of Followers
- Geography

Example Use Case: I want to search/listen to bands from Philadelphia, PA with less than 1,000 followers.

Updated on 2022-05-25

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Comments
Jeremy
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2022-05-25

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

xoregox

This is a great idea! The ability to find to find new (or I guess old and under appreciated music too) regional music would be awesome.

Boazz

a great example of this would be the YouTube search. 

where you can sort results by date of release as well. 

so when say looking up a song by a newer band that may have the same name as songs made by much bigger artists you can search by release date (either ascending or descending). 

Inudesu

I think being able to sort search results for something like "relevance" would be helpful as well. If you search for "Love" for example, you don't get a song called "Love" until the 26th result. Meanwhile half the results higher up don't even have that word in the title. I understand that they're trying to help read our minds here, but sometimes you're looking for a particular song and it would really help to be able to get what you're actually searching for (relevance instead of most popular).