Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
jluisllv

Recent mind I've decided to move my collection of music from Groove (31288 songs) to Spotify; but I've died trying to stumble with a limit of 10000 songs.

By the time only is me occurs withdraw and return to Groove or pray to San Spotify.

I will make time to dividing the collection into four lists of 10000 if someone has any idea better.

Thak you

Reciente mente he decidido trasladar mi colección de música de Groove (31288 canciones) a Spotify; pero he muerto en el intento al tropezar con el límite de 10000 canciones.

Por el momento sólo se me ocurre desistir y volver a Groove o rezar a San Spotify.

Haré tiempo dividiendo la colección en cuatro listas de 10000 por si alguién tiene alguna idea mejor.

Gracias

TannerLavoie

Just reached the 10,000 limit right now and I'm super annoyed. Seems like it's time to move over to Apple Music for my Streaming. They also have a limit, but that limit is 100,000. Much more reasonable. Bye Spotify.

Gazuk1
Crazy isn't it. They say they won't change it because so few people are at the limit. That will change as people become more a accustomed to using it as their main music source which they want surely otherwise why subscribe. They don't tell you about the limit when you sign up though I notice! They think people will stay due to the fact they have 10000 in their library well I don't think so as it's easy to rebuild it elsewhere and go beyond 10000 tracks. There is no logic in them having a limit and who are they to specify the maximum volume of someone's music collection. My ipod holds more!
hendersj

Spotify, I just bumped into this limit AGAIN today, because you can't download songs to your device if it's not saved - downloading an album saves it, and if you have no space left to save albums, you can't cache it offline.

(And no, I'm not talking about the 3,000 song download limit - if you have ~10,000 songs saved and you get the "epic collection" message if you try to save more, you ALSO get the message when you try to cache a new album offline, because downloading an album automatically saves it to "My Music".)

FIX THIS ALREADY!!!!!

gchupin
I've never had this happen to me (and it's been a few months now that I've
hit the 10K Your Music limit).. Have you tried creating a playlist and
downloading that for offline listening? It does not seem to be a problem
for me. I have since started a "Songs - Spillover #1" playlist so I can
save songs from it to Your Music once they finally increase the limit. And
I have multiple other smaller playlists of songs and albums I like to play
(and bring with me on my commute to work) on a daily basis.
hendersj

I shouldn't need to work around a limitation that's unreasonable by creating a playlist for an album.

But I'll check that out - thanks for the suggestion.  Spotify needs to just fix this issue already.

If they used a GUID for each track, that gets them 3.4×10^38 unique track identifiers.  Storing 10,000 of them requires about 160 KB (16 bytes per GUID * 10,000) - and I'm sure there are ways they could reduce that storage requirement if they needed to.  From a performance standpoint, doubling that to 320 KB should, in a properly designed database schema, any per-user performance impact should be negligible.

gchupin
I'm 100% with you on that! However, no matter how much I tried to convince
myself I was going to like Apple or GooglePlay Music better, they are
inferior to Spotify in soooo many ways... The matrix has you Neo!
hendersj

Yeah, everywhere I turn, Spotify is.  We replaced our receiver with a network-enabled one, and it's got Spotify built in.  Some really nice features, but having to work around what ultimately is a stupid limitation - as I've written before in this very thread, Spotify has some fantastic discovery features - and the "save" option is what makes them work really well - until you hit the limit.  Then it's workarounds on top of workarounds to use the service - and a bad user experience means fewer paying customers, which means less revenue, which means less development.

So at the end of the day, this "epic collection" limitation impacts significant portions of the service in really bad ways that make the whole experience often quite frustrating for a lot of people - because adding stuff into My Music feeds things like the daily mixes (which I was very pleased to see someone added into the Linux client recently - it's nice to see that getting some love again - though I wish it wasn't distributed only as a .deb file, since not everyone using Linux uses Debian-derived distributions - but that's something that's not too bad to work around).

drteeth123

I just hit the 10,000 cap and I feel like I was only getting started. I wanted Spotify to be my gateway to discovering new artists, and if having the music I'm accustomed to listening to tops out my allotment, I'm going to have to go elsewhere.

Paul_Anthony

You know, I used to keep all my saved music as playlists; it was a lumpy affair...desktop app doesn't allow automatic alphabetical sorting and out and about while the Android app did allow this, the quantity of playlists in my library made for a fairly slow startup.

About six months ago, someone mentioned about pushing my saved playlists over to simply saving an album (not downloading) and I hit the 10,000 limit within a day or two and now have playlists and saved stuff going on.

It's really a bit **bleep**.