Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mac] Touchbar should show Song Title

Happy that Spotify has implemented Touchbar integration with the new line of Macbook Pros, but I'm a little shocked that nowhere on the Touchbar is the current song name shown.

Using the feature from inside other apps brings up the pause/play/next/back functions with a very large scroll bar to scrobble through the song. I feel that fitting the song name + artist would be totally doable in this space. This feature would be especially useful within Radio or playlists such as charts/Discover Weekly.

Something to consider - would be greatly appreciated!

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
hifirestone

This would be such a great feature!

wanbinkimoon

I have also noticed that when you try to use the slider with you finger the same finger hides the timespan. that's a bug

Edge9097

You may want to check Muse 😉ezgif.com-video-to-gif-2.gif

jacobjballs

YES I AM SO GLAD THAT I FOUND THIS! ADD THIS!! 🙂

ahmadfiroz

hajek-macbook-pro-render.jpg

This was the idea from ~2015 ish ( image found on google)

Alph4d0g

If my information is right on this they won't implement this feature as it doesn't align with Apples Guidelines =(

First post user sgript says SP won't implement this, second is the Touch bar Guidelines (quote:"Use the Touch Bar as an extension of the keyboard and trackpad, not as a display").

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Desktop-Mac-Touch-bar-integration/idi-p/1500719

https://developer.apple.com/macos/human-interface-guidelines/touch-bar/touch-bar-overview/

evilZardoz

I’d love to see this - finally a use for that touch bar!

nfx

thanks for the person who recommened muze but now i can't use my other touchbar controls for my other apps 😞 

nfx

i wish spotify would just impliment this feature and if it's true that apple doesn't let developers do that then **bleep** IS THE POINT OF THE TOUCHBAR IF IT'S GOING TO BE A VIRTUAL FN/TOP ROW FUNCTIONS VIRTUAL REPLACEMENT... Might as well let the devs be creative and have important features like for example saving songs from the touchbar instead of having to open the app. Yeah it only takes a bit but it's convinience at the end of the day and that's what i tought the touchbar could lead too