Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Car Mode

- More space for touch functions

- Faster access to play and pause actions

- Reduced functionality for safer and faster access during driving

image.jpg

Updated on 2019-06-25

Hey Folks, 

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea. 

Car View is now available across Android and iOS devices. The new view has basic controls which make the experience more simple and safer when driving.

The app will automatically swap when it detects it's connected to a car's built-in Bluetooth, but you can also switch it on and off in the settings. 

Safe travels!

Comments
ngc981

Hoi 

Yep good succestion safe car mode:

I like to have the possibility to switch on/off so called display in cover mode.

This is handy during driving 😉

On this moment when selecting a song from playlist its start playing and you can see what is playing via the second bottum bar. You can only start or pauze the song.

When you type on this bar that it comes in cover mode, i want to come directly in cover mode so i can swipe to the number i like to hear.

FerCasillas

Develop an app similar to the one for Mini so spotify can work better with the mercedes-benz c-class 2018 interphase.

misku_

Spotify, could you please add a button to switch the Car Mode ON/OFF? I have the opposite problem than https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Stupid-Car-Mode/td-p/4530902

I'd like to turn on this mode under the shower so I can easily switch tracks, but I'm not in the car, so the mode never even shows up. Automatic detection is not always the best choice. Certainly not for power users who are annoyed when the app knows better what they want (and most of the time the app is wrong).

Please make it configurable, so Car Mode can also become a Shower Mode 😉

Kcunak

I was must thinking that today how it would be nice if the spotify interface were larger.  On my side I use a 7" ipad mini with a sim card in my car instead of my iphone.  The additional real estate is nice but the microspic buttons and tiny text do annoy me at times.

kopperud22

I would really like to be able to either voice search or just have a searchfield in spotify in carplay so I can find music I want to listen to without having to make playlists before I go for a drive.

Yannick42

Il faut faire connaître cette idée, car un mode voiture (en format paysage) spécialement conçu  avec des ouches et actions simplifiées c’est Juste indispensable , que ça soit pour m’en confort et facilité d’utilisation, mais surtout pour la sécurité routière qui est un axe important 

codice

the Car Mode is great, but for now it only works when the device is connected via bluetooth.

Since there are a lot of HiFi car system running android - where is possible to directly install Spotify - it would be VERY nice to have an option to switch on/off the Car Mode, indipendently from the bluetooth connection.

THANKS!

car mode is useful as it was implemented, but I will not use it until swipe functionality is added. Tapping is not easy as it may seem, even if the button is large.

sbeckstein

Can't believe it's 2019 and Spotify still doesn't have a CAR PLAY mode?!?!? Other apps have taken action on the move toward safer use in vehicles and offer an option to enter a car mode where the buttons are large and easy to click - no fumbling around with the bottom of the screen on tiny buttons. Audible is a GREAT example of this mode and Spotify should follow suit. It is not only a convenient feature for daily use when listening to music for easy song-switching. But it is a huge SAFETY feature that should be inclued in any app that is known to be used in vehicles. I think it is SO DUMB to show music videos automatically when I'm sure over half of Spotify users are using it most often during their commutes to listent to playlists or podcasts. I think Spotify is going the wrong direction by catering to those who sit at home and watch music videos and they need to get with the times and develop for those who are using the app for practical purposes (commuting, exercising, house background music, etc). Thanks in advance Spotify! Let's get a safe mode for car play! 

TomLegend
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2019-06-25

Hey Folks, 

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea. 

Car View is now available across Android and iOS devices. The new view has basic controls which make the experience more simple and safer when driving.

The app will automatically swap when it detects it's connected to a car's built-in Bluetooth, but you can also switch it on and off in the settings. 

Safe travels!