Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Option to customize Your Daily Drive

Just got a playlist called "Your Daily Drive". So far, it's great because it mixes in news-like podcast snippets inbetween suggested songs.

However, it'd be great to mark a podcast as 'do not play again' or 'dislike' so it doesn't show up or similar podcasts don't appear. 

It would also like to love/like songs that appear, as well as the ability to complete skip a podcast if its something I'm less interested in. Podcast runs similar to normal podcast, but I feel that this is a different experience (and a catered one), we should have more freedom to skip/like/love/dislike to make this experience improve over time.

Thank you!

Updated on 2020-12-17

Hi everyone!
Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.
Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.
If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
Majamac123

A year since the last update?

I have two sports podcasts on my daily drive... I can't think of a single reason I've ever given spotify to think I give a flying hoohaa about sports. It's so annoying because it's an awesome concept but I cant use it at all because I get 1 or 2 podcasts I actually want and then some random ones about football.

The music should be able to be changed to. I always listen to my study playlist but I don't want to listen to it in the car but I guess because I listen to it so much, spotify puts all of that on my playlist. Customisable genres and to choose which of my playlists it lifts music from would be awesome. 

Scrapper192

For my sanity's sake, I need this.  We play my kids music on my Spotify account and now daily drive (MY TIME PEOPLE!) And other auto playlists are filled with toddler music.  Send help, Spotify.  Send help!

ToneBeLone

The inability to customize is **bleep**ING INFURIATING. I’m mostly cool with my podcasts, but THE MUSIC?!!? There’s absolutely no reason to play the SAME SONGS over & over & over again. 
I 2nd the idea that it’s like torture akin to a dripping faucet. I’m going crazy. And no matter how many times I skip the songs, they keep coming back. 
Most important, I think, is that my top artists/songs for the year were all from the Daily Drive & not all the music I listened to outside of that. Something to keep in mind Spotify, also if this were a real replica of a commuters listening experience there would definitely be more variety. I’ll be turning Sirus Radio back on. 👎🏾

apetersen902

At first I loved the Daily Drive feature, and still do due to the mix of news and music. However, the songs NEVER change. It's to the point that I don't even like those songs anymore because Spotify thinks I like them so much it's the only songs I want to listen to. I've deleted the cache in my settings as other's have suggested, but nothing changed. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

larissakitty

I have to agree with the comments about the song rotation.  My songs finally updated this week but for months the songs in the daily drive were stuff I was listening to last year.  

When I did my 2020 wrap up, I'd added something like over 2000 new artists and 400 new genres but the daily drive was still stuck.

It would be nice if the daily drive updated its algorithm a little more frequently especially if the user starts listening to a bunch of new artists, genres and starts liking (marking them as likes) songs/artists.  This type of activity clearly indicates a new focus in listening. 

tedchri

Lol it's funny because it's just like the real radio; the same tired 12 songs all day every day!

No, but forreal, customizing this playlist, or at least introducing new music, maybe even the top song from your release radar each week would make a huge difference.

Shipwreck1

do this. 

Melody
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Updated on 2020-12-17

Hi everyone!
Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.
Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.
If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

aananani

Please do this! For some reason I can’t give a like for this idea (maybe because I’m in Germany?) — so here is my comment.

gunposer

Would be great to mix Daily Drive with Discover weekly.