Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Other] Remove or manage “Your top podcasts” from mobile home screen

On the mobile app Home screen, “Your top podcasts” isn’t reflecting my most frequently used podcasts. It contains podcasts that I haven’t listened to recently, and yet it omits at least one of the podcasts to which I have listened recently.

How is Spotify defining “Top” podcasts?

Regardless of this definition, I want to manage which podcasts are displayed on my home screen.

Several users have provided feedback on this — and in particular, some users have unwittingly shared explicit podcasts with young children or family members. These people cannot dismiss/forget these podcasts from their home screen. Inappropriate and embarrassing. 

Allow Spotify users to manage which podcasts appear on “Your top podcasts.” 

14669A87-3929-47E0-ADDD-674D2388EDF0.png

Updated on 2020-06-22

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
nicolesharris

For example, this user has one login that they use to play music for both themselves and their kids — and the podcasts that appear on the “top podcasts” aren’t appropriate for kids. 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Removing-Top-Podcasts-from-home-screen/m-p/4631135

And the users in these threads report that they have podcasts they don’t want to share with young family members.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Remove-Top-Podcasts-From-Home-Screen/m-p/4668235

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Android-remove-Your-top-podcasts-from-Home-screen/m-p/46633...

Guido
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-07-19

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

cadaceus200

Yes. Please allow me to remove things that irritate me from the home screen. I pay for the service, I should decide what I want to see. Do it now!

gregs887

I just want the option to remove podcasts entirely. I use spotify for music and other apps for podcasts. I hate that they have taken over my homescreen.

vaughnb-nz

I listened to about 10% of one episode of a podcast. Now it is listed as the first of my top podcasts.

I. Want. To. Make. It. Go. Away.

VirtualPanther

I personally never, ever listen to anything but music. Definitely no podcast by anyone. However, naive to believe that it will be removed from my home screen. Given the placement on screen and questionable content, the Top Podcasts section has all of the hallmark signs of a paid, promoted content. As such, nobody cares what users think. 

Steban3

I really want an option where it can turn off any podcast suggestions on my spotify mobile app, because i only use the app to listen at music, and i'm really not interested at all on any podcast at all.

I hope you could listen this humble request

Mielsy

Please action this!!!!! Hate top podcasts it’s immediately visible I have stuff cropping up in there that is totally private to me and would be mortifying if friends / kids were to see it. The very nature of this app is it is social and you may allow friends etc to access your phone to select music on Spotify when in a social setting. Additionally it doesn’t work well anyway since there’s stuff in there I haven’t listened to in months and zero reflection of stuff I am currently listening to. Not giving users any control over what appears in their dashboard feeds based on their activity is actually a privacy issue and you need to fix it. 

Starmaniac

Should be really easy. Just add a switch to settings for turning podcasts on/off on the home tab. Similar to canvas control. 

Really easy, I guess few days development and testing. Unless there's a hidden anti user motive no to do so...

Lov3day
  • i agree with all the above user comments. Personally, I listen to a mix of music and podcasts. I like to check out new podcasts and unfortunately, many of them I turn off withIn ten minutes. It’s upsetting these podcasts are the same ones Listed on my top podcast list. It’s even more frustrating I can’t delete. Spotify is feeling less of a personalized service. I don’t like others curating my listening preferences. please add the option to delete my own lists and manage my top podcasts.