Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Playlists] Bring back number of songs in a playlist

The old mobile interface used to show the number of songs in the playlists section. The updated version has removed this feature, which I find quite useful. 

Updated on 2020-08-14

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Comments
osornios
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-04-16

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Bittencourt

I don't think this related idea is actually related. The new mobile UI already shows the total number of liked songs.

Maybe that idea should be edited/labeled for the desktop app, right?

Jpgchief

Definitely I want this Idea to be implemented.

Thornblade

I liked being able to make my playlists go up to a certain point (roughly 100 songs each) and mobile was the only way I could do it with my playlists. The new updates took that away and I want it back.

Jakerbp

It's ridiculous that this incredibly basic 'feature' has been scrapped. In Artists, it tells you how many songs you have saved. But in Playlists, the most obvious place someone would want to know this, they removed it 🤦🏻‍♂️ hugely frustrating. How are we supposed to create 'top 100' or whatever playlists now, without strenuously counting each track 😩

Lbaxter1000

Ugh.  Used to select a playlist by number of songs and then start driving knowing I wouldnt have to fiddle with the phone.  Good decisions and bad.  Removing number of songs is going to make me switch to another music streaming app.  Shame.  Really liked Spotify.  It was a good ride while it lasted...

Treigns99

Yes i want this feature back. So simple. 

olawikstrom

It's fairly obvious that no one who works at spotify that have seen this gives a f**k about what is good UX and what clearly isn't. 

So dissatisfied. 

Think the worst parts is these "hallo axe handle - replies" that the semi automated customer service AIpeople keep posting. 

rsuriano

They HAVE to do this one, it's just bad design that we can't see it right now.

ellenbug

To clarify...there was a feature that showed how many songs I had in a playlist. When my playlist got too big, I'd move some songs into a new playlist. This is very useful...especially for making workout playlists. Please bring this feature back. I'm not sure why it was taken away but it was not an improvement. :'(