Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Playlists] Remove Apple Watch 50 Song Limit

I am so grateful that we finally can download Spotify playlists on the Apple Watch, but I was pretty disappointed to find out that there is a 50 song limit per playlist. I’m not sure if that is on purpose for formatting or storage concerns, but I would love to see that limit removed so that I can download full playlists to my Watch and listen to all my music without having to have my phone on me. 

Updated on 2023-07-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that now there’s a limit of 100 downloads per playlist. There's more info here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
MC-Kenzie

Yeah not gonna lie I almost don’t wanna use the new Apple Watch update because of the 50 song limit, I don’t understand why it can’t be bigger then that

Lennart330

tbh great that you guys finally made the offline function work, but who the heck vame up with this 50 track/96kbps maximum idea?

please get this person checked at the doctor and have the limit removed. Thanks 👍🏻

RoniGavrilov

I guess we will have a fix in 6 years 😒

jfdhdhdhs

Besides the 50 tracks limit per playlist there are another few things that should be possible

• Start downloads directly from the watch and download the songs over wifi (much faster)
  • Automatically update dynamic playlists like the discover weekly mix
  • Allow 320kbps quality

It's nice that we can download songs after all those years but it is somewhat half-baked for now.

Suppnkasper

After many years of waiting for offline playlists, now comes this completely meaningless 50 song limit. Spotify shame on you

Ash913

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Sort-playlists-on-Apple-Watch/idi-p/5245320

Go and vote this one up as well - to be able to sort by date on the songs - i hate my old songs only coming up

HuskyDude

Definitely, I was so disappointed when I saw that it was capped to 50 that I didn't use it at all which is a shame.

6ixgun

Just do it already - whoever put a 50 song limit on downloads should be FIRED period.  It renders most playlists useless.   Give us the choice on how many songs on our devices - sick and tired of this big brother BS.  

OisinMulcahy

A 50 song limit per playlist when downloading to Apple Watch is an anti-competitive. It puts Spotify at an unfair disadvantage to Apple Music. Lift the limit now, please!

Xenia
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-10-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.